Author Topic: Scientist called "whore" for refusing to write a blog for free  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Scientist called "whore" for refusing to write a blog for free
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 03:53:40 am »
If she just gave it away she'd be a slut.

Women just can't catch a break.  :'(

But neither of those insults would have been used to describe a male scientist. Wether he works for free or not.

Which makes this so odd, getting angry over someone not doing hard work for you without compensation is dumb enough (though still common) but calling her a "whore?" Why?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Scientist called "whore" for refusing to write a blog for free
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 06:07:57 am »
If she just gave it away she'd be a slut.

Women just can't catch a break.  :'(

But neither of those insults would have been used to describe a male scientist. Wether he works for free or not.

Which makes this so odd, getting angry over someone not doing hard work for you without compensation is dumb enough (though still common) but calling her a "whore?" Why?

I can think of a dozen valid and non-exclusive reasons why.

They all use "Sexism" as the basis.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet