Author Topic: Mail "journalist" defrauds a charity to villify them for trying to help people.  (Read 2971 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
New term for low brow investigative journalism; instigative trollerism.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
New term for low brow investigative journalism; instigative trollerism.
I love a living language.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
That's just amazing.  I mean simply amazing that he thought this was a good idea.

Ironbite-really hope it bites him in the ass soon.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
Sadly, The Mail on Sunday is actually less hateful than the regular Daily Mail.

Yet we still get this...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
The difference between these kinds of journalists and mosquitos is that one is a blood-sucking insect that preys on unwary victims and transmits a lot of nasty stuff...

...and the other is a mosquito.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
And here's the public reaction:

Food banks see donations surge after being criticised by Mail on Sunday
Number of Trussell Trust donors jumps after article accuses charity of failing to run proper checks on food parcel claimants

Mark Tran   
The Guardian, Monday 21 April 2014 03.15 AEST

Britain's biggest food bank provider has seen a surge in donations after a Mail on Sunday article criticised the charity for failing to run proper checks on people claiming food parcels.

Before the article, there had been about 250 public donations since the Trussell Trust launched its JustGiving page in late January. That jumped to more than 3,300, worth more than £36,000. Several donors cited the article as the reason for contributing.

"The Mail on Sunday story appalled me. This is the least I can do to apologise for their crime," said Anonymous after donating £10.

Another, Spitting Feathers, said: "I am incensed by the disgraceful article. Call this journalism? I don't. I'm not a Christian and admire the work being done by human beings for their fellow human beings. Thank you."

[...]

Following the surge in donations, first reported on the BuzzFeed news site, the Trussell Trust tweeted: We're blown away by the response to the article on Twitter! Over £15,000 raised for Trussell
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/apr/20/food-bank-donations-trussell-trust-mail-sunday

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Now dat's what I'm talkin' bout, mang.