Author Topic: Students suspended for biking to school.  (Read 6727 times)

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Students suspended for biking to school.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:35 pm »
How the hell do you get in trouble for biking to school?

Apparently because "IT'S NOT SAAAAAFEEEEE!!"

I would imagine most of the students were wearing helmets, but that's at best conjecture :/ Either way, the safety steps they DID take are impressive.

I can understand if it was a primary school, but these were high school seniors. It's not like they were cycling down an unlit footpath with no lights on or anything.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:34 pm »
And just think: the principal is the final authority in that little universe.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
lol wut? My school lets people ride their motorcycles to class, and that's way more unsafe than a fucking bike. (The only requirement is that you can lock it up so no one steals it.)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »
Wow, I hope she gets booted, fast. This was insanely stupid
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:58 am »
lol wut? My school lets people ride their motorcycles to class, and that's way more unsafe than a fucking bike. (The only requirement is that you can lock it up so no one steals it.)

My school, which bans riding bikes, lets a middle schooler (14) drive a motorcycle to school every day. For some reason it's legal to get a motorcycle license at 14 but you can't get a regular driver's license until you're 16. What is the logic there?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:35 am »
Let's hope that at least one of the parents of these kids decides to lawyer up and take this before the school board.

Very often, the mere threat of legal action will get petty bureaucrats like this principal to step back.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:11 am »
    “If you and your parents don’t have sense enough to know your brains could end up splattered on Three Mile and Kinney, Fruit Ridge, then maybe that’s my responsibility,”

Lady, I used to ride my bike all over town and my brains are still safe inside my skull.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 03:28:31 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:06 am »

My school, which bans riding bikes, lets a middle schooler (14) drive a motorcycle to school every day. For some reason it's legal to get a motorcycle license at 14 but you can't get a regular driver's license until you're 16. What is the logic there?
Your state is fucked up then.
I know here you can get a moped license that young, and some mopeds look like motorcycles. Maybe that's the case?
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 10:06:33 am »

I know here you can get a moped license that young, and some mopeds look like motorcycles. Maybe that's the case?

No, I mean full on motorcycle. He rides a black sport bike. There may be restrictions on how powerful the cycle can be, but I'm not sure.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »
High school principal obviously drunk with power.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »

Uh...

She apologized for her overreaction already.

Seriously, I even updated the first post.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 09:39:26 pm »

No, I mean full on motorcycle. He rides a black sport bike. There may be restrictions on how powerful the cycle can be, but I'm not sure.
Most likely a certain CC and power range. Though in MI, anything bigger than 49cc is considered a motorcycle...and 49cc barely gives you any power unless you've got the right trans setup

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 10:50:04 pm »

Uh...

She apologized for her overreaction already.

So she sobered up. ;)

Seriously, I even updated the first post.

How many folks re-read the first post in a thread they are following?
-A Pen Name