Author Topic: Students suspended for biking to school.  (Read 6726 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Students suspended for biking to school.
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »
How the hell do you get in trouble for biking to school?

Apparently because "IT'S NOT SAAAAAFEEEEE!!"

I would imagine most of the students were wearing helmets, but that's at best conjecture :/ Either way, the safety steps they DID take are impressive.

Never mind that the other options are:

1. Walking.  Which has an equal risk of some jackass driver splattering you across the pavement.

2. Driving (or your parents driving you).  Which is bad for the environment, and if you're gonna get killed walking in plain sight during the daytime, then you're equally likely to get in a wreck in a car.  Duh.

3. Carpooling.  Which is somewhat better for the environment, but has an equal risk of drunk drivers.

4. The bus.  Which is larger and safer than cars, but you're basically trapped in the same vehicle as all the worst bullies in school for at least an hour per day.  Also, there's no telling what kind of person is driving the bus.  Sure, the driver had a background check--WHEN HE WAS HIRED.

I can think of dozens of ways to be laughably paranoid over child transportation, so why are the paranoid people always sticking to how dangerous bikes are?  Bikes are awesome and I need to get one.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
Re: Students suspended for biking to school.
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:37 pm »
Wait, whats wrong with biking to school in the firat place, half the kids here bike and there's no laws against it

I was thinking the same thing.  My high school had students that biked, and even had bike racks for students to chain their bikes on.  And this is a fairly large and busy town.

Me three, this city is very pro-bike.  The downtown core is very crowded and there are bike posts all the way down both sides of the street to encourage people not to drive there.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.