Author Topic: Kid accidentaly kills himself trying to prove he was "manly"  (Read 11850 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Kid accidentaly kills himself trying to prove he was "manly"
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:35 am »
In other words, ship the foolish people off into space. I like this plan.
Strictly speaking it would be shipping either all the guns or everyone who doesn't have a gun license into space.

I'm going with a somewhat more creative interpretation.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:10 pm »
This is why you don't let anyone without a gun license and who hasn't attended gun safety* within a light year of a loaded gun.

Of course, in certain states, the type of gun safety training that is required doesn’t even have to match the type of gun or even the situation that it will be used in. ::)

Personally I think gun safety training should be pretty much, "This is a gun. It's dangerous and it can kill you. Never ever touch one."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »
This is why you don't let anyone without a gun license and who hasn't attended gun safety* within a light year of a loaded gun.

Of course, in certain states, the type of gun safety training that is required doesn’t even have to match the type of gun or even the situation that it will be used in. ::)

Personally I think gun safety training should be pretty much, "This is a gun. It's dangerous and it can kill you. Never ever touch one."

"Sex is bad.  It's immoral and it can make you very sick.  Never ever have sex outside of marriage."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Saturn500

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:38 pm »

"Sex is bad.  It's immoral and it can make you very sick.  Never ever have sex outside of marriage."

"Once you're married, have lots and lots of sex in order to make a quiverfull of babies. We're not gonna teach you anything about it, though, as it's immoral, so we hope you can figure out on your own how babby is formed."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 11:51:34 pm »
Hahaha ^

Also, sorry Kali, I was a bit hostile there.

The whole premise of "Guns are dangerous, don't touch them" irks me because it doesn't actually teach gun safety, it approaches the issue much in the same way that "abstinence only" does.

Teaching people how to be properly safe with using guns is much like teaching them how to properly use birth control.  Except maybe a little more effective, ironically.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 01:06:57 am »
My idea of gun education:

1) If the gun is lying in the open outdoors, call the cops and do not play with it.

2) If you see a gun, assume it is loaded unless you yourself unloaded it.

3) Do not point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at anything you don't intend to shoot.

4) Unload the gun before you clean it.

5) Keep your gun clean and your powder dry.

6) Always, ALWAYS keep the gun pointed AWAY from others when not in use (including hunting).

7) Do not rely on the safety of your gun. Keep your finger away from the trigger when not shooting.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, so how about we at FSTDT do a firearms primer on safe and responsible shooting?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:14 am »
I'm neutral on the issue of gun ownership itself. But I think it's really stupid if you use guns (especially recklessly) to compensate for your masculinity. I think the same of people who drive needlessly large trucks dangerously in order to compensate for their masculinity.

This.

I feel sorry for the kid's family, but...Darwin'ed.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 02:17:49 pm »
"Manliness" is over-rated!

Now...These are MEN!

*makes Tim Allen awoogah noise*
You ain't a REAL MAN unless you're either androgynous, intellectual, artistic, adorkable and/or pretty!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »
I deplore the term "real men" to be honest. The only thing that qualifies you as a "real man" is your own designation as such.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
I deplore the term "real men" to be honest. The only thing that qualifies you as a "real man" is your own designation as such.

Sorry about that.

How about "Legit Man", "Non-Insane Male", "Non-Macho-Guy"?

Distind

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:39 am »

You can have a lot of fun with it though. Most of those macho gym bunnies get real quiet when you start detailing their manly activities involving a bunch of large sweaty men. Especially the showers.

The fixation is certainly worthless in terms of attempting to achieve it, but for comedy purposes it's gold.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 09:57:13 am »

Sorry about that.

How about "Legit Man", "Non-Insane Male", "Non-Macho-Guy"?

Your personal tastes do not define the ideal man for everyone else. Regardless of how many morons take it way to far, the "macho" image is no more or less legitimately male than that of the androgynous pretty-boy.