Author Topic: BATH SALT WARNING!!!  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: BATH SALT WARNING!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »
There are reports of people putting bath salts into bath water.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:44 pm »
Well, so this is how one could make a zombie apocalypse. Just put Bath Salt in stuff.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »
There are reports of people putting bath salts into bath water.

Positively shocking!

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 05:00:45 am »
A part of me is wondering if the original people who made this actually intended this to be used as normal bath salts, and who the idiot was who thought getting high of bathroom products was a good idea.
Similarly, given the way it is being labeled and sold, I wonder how many little old ladies have bought this stuff and tried using them in the bath.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 05:22:21 am »
A part of me is wondering if the original people who made this actually intended this to be used as normal bath salts, and who the idiot was who thought getting high of bathroom products was a good idea.
Similarly, given the way it is being labeled and sold, I wonder how many little old ladies have bought this stuff and tried using them in the bath.

No, it's just a way of marketing a designer drug more covertly, by labeling it something else.

Most of it is this stuff.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:26 pm »
One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen is reports of people ingesting actual bath salts: it must have happened by now, surely? There are enough stupid people out there that at least one of them's done it. I'm morbidly curious if anything happened to them other than getting violently sick, which I think would be a given.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »
in defense of the label, the first time I heard it, ACTUAL bath salts were the first thing I thought of.  My second thought was "I remember my lavender bath salts being nice when I was younger, but who would snort that stuff?!"
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 08:43:42 am »
in defense of the label, the first time I heard it, ACTUAL bath salts were the first thing I thought of.  My second thought was "I remember my lavender bath salts being nice when I was younger, but who would snort that stuff?!"

Ditto.  But then, people will snort anything if they think it will get them high.  That's why they have to have labels on aerosols and paint cans saying not to do it.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »
I won a thing of bath salts and when dad asked me what they were I told him and he was like "...the drugs that could kill you?"

I facepalmed.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:45 pm »

Hey, I understand completely.  My buddy and I were worried about how it would affect our individual bath enjoyment, a la sudafed and the impossibility of getting real cough congestion relief since meth hit the market.  Turns out, not really about our lavender bath crystals lol.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »
Maybe they should've come up with a different street name like "Crazy Crystals" or "Demon Dust" or something.

Now the name "bath salts" will be forever tainted. Time to use synonym. Bath Crystals? 

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 05:34:42 pm »
Eh, it didn't hurt Coke very much.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 12:27:57 am »
Bath crystals is already a thing too.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 12:30:13 am »
Maybe they should've come up with a different street name like "Crazy Crystals" or "Demon Dust" or something.

Now the name "bath salts" will be forever tainted. Time to use synonym. Bath Crystals? 
I don't think drug producers really care about the public image of actual bath salts.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 02:33:03 pm »
Realize that the drug they call "bath salts" and actual bath salts are not even close to being the same thing. The only reason the drug is labeled and marketed as "bath salts" is to provide some legal justification for the sale and distribution of what is, essentially, just another new synthesized drug the Federal Gov't hasn't gotten around to criminalizing yet. If you put that shit in your bath it wouldn't do anything except make the water murky.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson