Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 515222 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4545 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:16 pm »
I had chili yesterday. Mixed the regular canned stuff with habanero garlic sauce bought locally and then also salsa and sriracha and a little tapatio for good measure.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4546 on: September 29, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »
Whelp, turned 30 yesterday.  Went to a mall down in Richmond for a few hours, ate an enormous fucking steak (I didn't even notice it til Sleepface pointed out that it was listed as 22oz) at a nearby steakhouse and bought myself a bottle of some nice, if extremely hairy Japanese whisky.  Plus, I got a bamboo steamer (so I can finally try to make baozi), a nice bench scraper, a fucking huge dough rolling mat (great since we got granite counters and I've been improvising when working dough), a little shortwave radio (think I picked up transmissions from Spain), some new shoes, a French press that can hold all the coffee I need to survive, and mom basically bought me the stuff to make a fucking steak dinner, and I've got some more comin' in, later this week.

I have decided to try my hand at pickling with the asparagus mom got me; only part I didn't really like was being fuckin' gassed by the boiling pickling solution.  That shit hurts about as bad as slicing shallots.

Its a damn shame I have to return to work, tomorrow.  I want more time to play with my stuff and eat some of my very first homemade pickles, damn it!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.