Author Topic: Who's got some disposable income?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Who's got some disposable income?
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:47:23 am »
Well if you do...head on over to http://www.criticalstrike.com/ and find their Kickstarter page.  And then you too can become a backer for a brand new super-hero rpg system based off of the OGL system.  And here's a little bit of info from said kickstarter page.

In the world of Man-Made Mythology, a new segment of the population is emerging... men and women who have abilities far beyond those of ordinary people. These Mythics, as they are known, have only recently been revealed to walk among us. As the world tries to adjust to this new paradigm, the Mythics themselves must also find their path in this brave new world. Adored by some and loathed by others, how each Mythic uses his or her fantastic abilities to find their place in the world will depend on each individual. How will you use your powers? Hero or menace... the choice is yours!

I know the guys who made this so I'm kinda spreading the word.  Hell, I'm even a backer and I really hope this succeeds.  So yeah.

Ironbite-Donate what you can and let's see what they can do with all of this.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Who's got some disposable income?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:48:34 am »
And me with a good possibility of finding work again! Well, I know where a little bit of my paycheck's going to go!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:42:21 pm »
What's disposable income?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »
Have these guys ever created something like this together before? Even just something like a small Flash game or maybe a mod?

Distind

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:13:35 pm »
Hookay. Not to be a negative ass, but I'm gonna go ahead and be a negative ass. This sounds like they're doing something between D20 and Champions. Which is something can already be done with two books from the savage worlds system to decent effect.

The superhero RPG market ain't that big, and the competitors have had decades of experience on them. Sure I could kill swaths of small children if I dropped one of the old Champions books, but I can do damn near anything with them given a few weeks and a full stack of them. I can barely fan myself with the savage worlds books, but give me twenty minutes and I can spit out a character to meet most any concept to a rough degree. There's a couple between those extremes, and setting books for anything you can come up with for one of them. These guys better do really damn good, or they're hosed.

Edit:
Or they can be original, but this concept has been done, possibly actually to death because for some reason I remember an undead version of this exact same concept from back when I was into gaming a few years ago.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:16:21 pm by Distind »