Author Topic: The GOP's 'big plans' to create jobs  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
The GOP's 'big plans' to create jobs
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:35:40 am »

I've been in a 'discussion' with a coworker on FB (anyone on my FB friends list can see it) about the liberals and conservatives and thier efforts to create jobs.  Actually, I was just responding because I hate the terms Liberal and Conservative.  They are meaningless by themselves but got tossed around and used in a derogtory manner with nothing to back it up.

Anyway, my coworker slammed the libs for not doing anything to create jobs, citing that her cons have.  Well, I Googled, "GOP Jobs," and got this page, which supports the Right, talking about their so-called plans to create jobs.

http://www.gop.gov/policy-news/11/10/27/summary-of-jobs-bills-stalled

HR 872 Deregulate pest control
HR 910 Allow the air to be further polluted
HR 1229 confuses the $%^$ out of me!  It's called, "Putting the Gulf Back to Work," but all it's doing is requring permits to drill.  Now I'm not sure what to think of the permits, but how does requiring them create jobs?

HR 2018 Apparently having clean water destroys jobs.
HR 1315 Remove more annoying regulation to help consumers

And so on and so forth.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like their plans include nothing but, "take away health and safety laws create jobs."  At least the stimulus plans they hate actually worked.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: The GOP's 'big plans' to create jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:11:59 am »
Of course, we can't let little things like having a viable ecosystem that can sustain our need for fucking food, water, and air get in the way of those poor, oppressed corporations.  Can't you see that, through the magic of "rational self-interest," they'd automatically do everything good, that any and all regulation is pointless because they'd...you know what, fuck it.

They can take their Randian bullshit, shove it up their asses, crawl in a hole, and expire.  I like breathing, you ignorant fucks.  Or, as Hanako has so eloquently put it...

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:32:29 am »
They figure it is cheaper to eliminate regulations willy-nilly rather than either

1) investing in new infrastructure or technologies (which costs money), or

2) reform those parts of the government which clearly need it (e.g. the criminal justice/prison system, the gov't procurement system, the bloated and inefficient Dept. of Defense, agricultural policy & subsidies, etc.) because that would alienate many of their key campaign donors constituents.

Doing the right thing is usually expensive, and often either politically unpopular or politically inexpedient.  So we get the situation we have now.  We have reached an impasse where no reforms or progress of any kind can be made because too many people in key positions benefit from the status quo.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:41:09 am »
Presume that millions of jobs could be created like that. Are they worth destroying the world?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Jedi Knight

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:29:33 am »
Presume that millions of jobs could be created like that. Are they worth destroying the world?

Maybe. I don't fear for the Earth. The planet will recover from anything we can do to it. Humanity and a lot of other species wouldn't survive, but that's a minor problem in the big perspective.

But if you agree with me that the Earth should be able to support a human population: No!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:48:09 am »
Sure, keep deregulating! Because who doesn't need water you can light on fire?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:34 am »
How much would it improve the economy if slashing regulations saved $5 million immediately, but created $100 million in hospital bills from people getting sick a few years down the road?

Republican answer: $105 million.  +5M to corporations, +100M to hospitals.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:36 pm »
Don't forget, the Republicans in Congress have blocked mostly every job bill put forth by Democrats sine Obama has been in office, so Obama can be a one-termer. I hope they all rot in fucking hell.

shykid

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:45:46 pm »
Why are people still fucking stupid enough to believe that dismantling basic health and safety regulations or giving more tax cuts to the wealthy would automatically create jobs?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 02:02:46 pm »
Why are people still fucking stupid enough to believe that dismantling basic health and safety regulations or giving more tax cuts to the wealthy would automatically create jobs?

Because if we don't, Obama will take away our guns, everyone will have to get gay-married, and health care companies will go bankrupt. (/sarcasm)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »
The latest response (which had nothing to do with liberals vs. conservatives) was that liberals want special rights.  I have yet to see these so-called special rights.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"