Author Topic: Election 2012 Predictions  (Read 27734 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Election 2012 Predictions
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2012, 03:56:59 pm »
Romney would be an utter disaster for the USA, and by extension, the world. Mainly because if Romney snags the White House, it will be by riding a wave of fear and anger that will almost certainly gain the Republicans the Senate as well, and that would give us a Federal government in which the GOP controls all three branches.

Romney would then proceed to rubber stamp the Republican agenda like a good little robot, and massive amounts of the tax burden will be shifted off of the wealthy and corporations and on to the shoulders of the poor and middle class. (It is an inescapable fact that Romney's "economic" plans would hand major tax cuts to the wealthy while actually increasing the tax burden on the middle and working classes.)

And with that you have what is likely the last nail in the coffin of the American middle class, and when we go, the entire US economy goes with us. The fact that Romney and his GOP puppeteers either do not understand this fact or do not care is utterly terrifying. If they don't understand, then they are willfully, deliberately, astonishingly stupid. If they don't care, then they are clearly evil in the classical sense of the word. Neither option is comforting.

Not to mention the GOP's plan to improve the economy is to drop regulations for health and safety.  So the only way businesses will create jobs is to make things as dangerous as possible.
No OSHA Compliance?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2012, 03:59:37 pm »
Romney would be an utter disaster for the USA, and by extension, the world. Mainly because if Romney snags the White House, it will be by riding a wave of fear and anger that will almost certainly gain the Republicans the Senate as well, and that would give us a Federal government in which the GOP controls all three branches.

Romney would then proceed to rubber stamp the Republican agenda like a good little robot, and massive amounts of the tax burden will be shifted off of the wealthy and corporations and on to the shoulders of the poor and middle class. (It is an inescapable fact that Romney's "economic" plans would hand major tax cuts to the wealthy while actually increasing the tax burden on the middle and working classes.)

And with that you have what is likely the last nail in the coffin of the American middle class, and when we go, the entire US economy goes with us. The fact that Romney and his GOP puppeteers either do not understand this fact or do not care is utterly terrifying. If they don't understand, then they are willfully, deliberately, astonishingly stupid. If they don't care, then they are clearly evil in the classical sense of the word. Neither option is comforting.

Not to mention the GOP's plan to improve the economy is to drop regulations for health and safety.  So the only way businesses will create jobs is to make things as dangerous as possible.
No OSHA Compliance?
*Gets the walkway suspended over a giant uncovered tank of green goo*

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2012, 04:20:23 pm »
I posted this in another thread, but i'll repost it here.  This is basically the GOP's 'Big job Plan.'

http://www.gop.gov/policy-news/11/10/27/summary-of-jobs-bills-stalled
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »
Well don't you know that safety regulations are for pussies and the weak, and all one has to do is pull themselves up by the bootstraps.   

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »
Reads the first one.  I wonder if the GOP knows that if something is good on humans then that doesn't necessarily mean good on the rest of the wildlife. 

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »
So right now Romney's up 2 points and the media is screaming right now.  Uh I'm not.  He's only up those 2 points because for the past week the focus has been on him.  Obama's up next week and I actually expect those numbers to reverse if not dip down even further.

Ironbite-once the jaws are picked up from the floor that is.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2012, 05:39:44 pm »
So right now Romney's up 2 points and the media is screaming right now.  Uh I'm not.  He's only up those 2 points because for the past week the focus has been on him.  Obama's up next week and I actually expect those numbers to reverse if not dip down even further.

Ironbite-once the jaws are picked up from the floor that is.

Have any of those idiots ever heard of "the post-convention bounce", it happens after every fucking convention.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2012, 05:43:37 pm »
Exactly.  Plus it tends to level right back out and the Dems will get their slight bounce before it slides back too. Getting only 2 points from said bounce is really nothing to brag about.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2012, 05:45:42 pm »
Technically it's a 6 point bounce as he was 4 points behind.  But yeah I expect everything to even out after next week.

Ironbite-though this week might have cost Romney big time.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »
Michael Moore is predicting Mitt Romney will win, simply due to the large amount of money he's raising (and will continue to raise). This opinion, like the Forbes writer, is non-scientific and should be taken with a grain of salt.

• The Beast
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »
Also, to those who worry about a third party hindering Obama, there's always Virgil Goode--an authoritarian candidate with his name on the ballot in over a dozen states and super-PAC support--who could always take vital support from Romney in swing states.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »
Also, to those who worry about a third party hindering Obama, there's always Virgil Goode--an authoritarian candidate with his name on the ballot in over a dozen states and super-PAC support--who could always take vital support from Romney in swing states.

Umm,your first link is messed up, it takes me to this forum's reply thread

• The Beast
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 07:03:27 pm »

Umm,your first link is messed up, it takes me to this forum's reply thread
Frak....

Okay, fixed it.

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »
According to a new national survey, Mitt Romney's favorability is lower than George W. Bush. Things do not bode well for MittBot 3000. The first debate is coming up though, so we'll see...

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »