Author Topic: Arizona county gives wrong election date in Spanish voter cards  (Read 2880 times)

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
Re: Arizona county gives wrong election date in Spanish voter cards
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/18/us/arizona-spanish-election-ballot/index.html?c=homepage-t&fb_source=message

I'm sure it was accidental.  ;)

curious

I know this has happened before and always it seems to happen in black or hispanic or poor urban neighborhoods (you know, among people who tend to vote democratic

Has anyone ever catalogued all the times this has happened to see if democratic demographics are more likely to have this happen tot hem when republicans are in control?
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39:05 am »

Has anyone ever catalogued all the times this has happened to see if democratic demographics are more likely to have this happen tot hem when republicans are in control?

That is a really good question. Why do the political parties in America seem to be in control of the election process? In south Africa we have an independent electoral commission which handles everything about the elections. Now I will be honest and admit I strongly doubt their impartiality just because of the amount of corruption within our government.

However they are the ones that run the polling stations, and handle voter registration and the counting and everything. Why does America not use something like them?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:22 am »
I think part of the reason is that we have primaries