Author Topic: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2013, 02:41:12 pm »
*fires into the air*

And the peacemaker has arrived.

B-Man: The fuck are you doing man?  Seriously?  Never in my life have I seen you act this way yet I've seen you act like a little bitch about shit that in the long run, matters not.  And both times it was against Cait.  Hmmmm...me thinks there's a pattern here.

In this thread, I saw you immediately go on the offensive, pointing out everything wrong this moron did and then saying it was ok.  It's not ok to use kids you've only known for 6 whole days to go out and pick up chicks for you.  Shy or not, and I think this guy was not fucking shy at all, it's the creepiest thing I've seen in awhile.  Or something that I haven't participated in.  Seriously dude, the fuck is going on in your life you have to see a fight where there is none?

Ironbite-everything ok on your end man?

Concerning my anger towards Cait:  What the fuck do you expect?  She was the one who originated this thread, and was the one that started it with such a nasty tone.  I think she deserves being called out for that.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
Because how dare we have a nasty tone towards the guy who did this. (Not that I think it was even arguably nasty, anyway.)
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 02:45:05 pm »
Because how dare we have a nasty tone towards the guy who did this. (Not that I think it was even arguably nasty, anyway.)

And how dare I strike back?  It's a two way street, Sleeps.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:58 pm »

And how dare I strike back?  It's a two way street, Sleeps.

You make no sense. I really no longer understand what your goal is, here. You jump from one point to another, and you still don't seem to be able to pinpoint why you're striking back, or what the problem is with calling this guy out.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 02:53:27 pm »
I guess I strike back because I'm the only one doing so.  If I say nothing, it'll just become a fucking circlejerk bashing the guy for being a stupid loser.  Excuse me for dissenting from your precious opinions.

Also, I STATED MY PROBLEM WITH WHAT I HAD ISSUE WITH.  Several. Fucking. Times.

You know what?  I'm getting nowhere with this bullshit.  I debate if it's even worth reiterating my issues.  Is it that hard to follow my [evolving] line of thought on this issue?  Is it?  Is it really?  I know this is five pages now, but is my reasoning THAT HARD TO GRASP?

I think I'm just gonna go do something else, because this shit is making me facepalm pretty fucking hard.  I've been as clear as I can with my evolving thinking.  Should I just repeat the same shit ad naseum until I pound the same message into your brain?  Is the fact that I'm discussing shit with you and growing in my stance that hard to follow?  Should I shout from the top of the roof the same lines verbatim repeatedly?

If you can't follow this thread and what's happening, then I can't fucking help you.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 03:07:42 pm »
I guess I strike back because I'm the only one doing so.  If I say nothing, it'll just become a fucking circlejerk bashing the guy for being a stupid loser.  Excuse me for dissenting from your precious opinions.

I don't give a shit if you have a dissenting opinion. But if I don't think it's valid, I'm going to argue against it. And how the hell do you know what the thread would've become? The only person explicitly calling him pathetic was Art.

Also, I STATED MY PROBLEM WITH WHAT I HAD ISSUE WITH.  Several. Fucking. Times.

You know what?  I'm getting nowhere with this bullshit.  I debate if it's even worth reiterating my issues.  Is it that hard to follow my [evolving] line of thought on this issue?  Is it?  Is it really?  I know this is five pages now, but is my reasoning THAT HARD TO GRASP?

I think I'm just gonna go do something else, because this shit is making me facepalm pretty fucking hard.  I've been as clear as I can with my evolving thinking.  Should I just repeat the same shit ad naseum until I pound the same message into your brain?  Is the fact that I'm discussing shit with you and growing in my stance that hard to follow?  Should I shout from the top of the roof the same lines verbatim repeatedly?

If you can't follow this thread and what's happening, then I can't fucking help you.

Dude, I've followed the entire fucking thread and know what arguments you've made. And yet you still don't seem to want to accept our arguments. But go do whatever the hell you want, I couldn't care less.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10:29 pm »
What is this I don't even...

Look, minors being involved or not, it's still an incredibly skeevy move for a person in a position of authority to abuse said authority and use the people over whom he is in charge--for whatever, be it a sport or a retail manager or a boss or a teacher or anything at all--for personal gain. Especially when it involves unsolicited, well, soliciting of people. It's CREEPY. It's INAPPROPRIATE. It's NOT OKAY. Whether he's too shy to meet women elsewhere or not, he still abused his position as a coach in order to get the girls on his team to pick up women for him. The fact that they're underage in addition is just an extra bonus fail because it would STILL have been terrible even if everybody involved was in their thirties.

As for calling him 'shit-eatingly smug' about it, I'm gonna stand by that. This sounds pretty smug to me:

“Genius, great way to meet a girl, use my girls lol,” he wrote in another text, patting himself on the back for the scavenger hunt.

The guy did something incredibly inappropriate, just SIX DAYS after starting this new job, after having left the old one because he was caught suggesting one of his players meet him alone. It's certainly POSSIBLE that he meant it only in a purely platonic and appropriate mentoring way, but it doesn't seem likely considering what he did here. Even if he DID mean it innocently, it doesn't require great mental acuity to understand that it may be perceived as inappropriate for an adult to tell a high school girl that he wanted to 'meet her alone'. Admittedly we don't know what all happened there, but that doesn't make what he did with the 'scavenger hunt' any more okay.

To address the point of apparently insulting the softball team's intelligence by wondering why they went along with it: this is bullshit and it's a totally legitimate thing to question. Teenagers are, whether you like it or not, generally impressionable so it isn't a huge leap to wonder if the just assumed it was okay because their coach--an adult, a grownup, a person who possibly in their minds likely knows what is and isn't okay--wanted them to do it. People can simply 'not know better' about something at any age. All I was wondering was why the girls didn't think to question it since from my perspective it seems like a really inappropriate request. Equally likely is the girls were afraid to speak up for fear of possibly getting into trouble or not being allowed to play.

Just because nobody else came forward to complain about the coach doesn't mean that nobody was bothered by what happened. Fear of criticism--and fear, coincidentally, of being honed in on by apologists who use your exact arguments, B-Man--can lead victims of sexual harassment to stay quiet about their experiences. The fact that the young woman was initially somewhat flattered by the attention before it occurred to her that he was being pretty skeevy STILL doesn't make his actions okay.

And finally: YES, it actually kinda bothers me that the guy used the wrong 'your/you're' in a text message. He's my age. He's a grownup. He's a coach at a high school. He should know better. It's a huge pet peeve of mine that people make such silly mistakes when they should have learned better more than a decade ago. It's not anywhere near as bad as the whole sexual harassment thing, but I still find it annoying just because I think it looks incredibly stupid to make such silly mistakes.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 03:11:28 pm »
*looks into her crystal ball*

I... I think I see a shape forming in the mist... is that Flame and Burn in this thread's future?

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 03:17:06 pm »
@Sleepy:  Oh, you little...I swear, you're testing my patience.

Yeah.  I've not conceded any points at all during this debate.  I've just said the same shit over and over instead of actually working to understand your arguments.  Haven't tried having a rational conversation at all! I disagree with you, which means I've just been a fucking iron wall of stubbornness.  Yep.  That's me.  Haven't even tried to say "Okay, I can see your point on that matter!"  Nope.  Not at all.

@Caitshidhe:  Holy shit!  A wild rational, well-thought-out rebuttal appeared.  I commend you for addressing my points without it devolving into something stupid and pointless. :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:19:40 pm by B-Man »

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

Yeah.  I've not conceded any points at all during this debate.  I've just said the same shit over and over instead of actually working to understand your arguments.  Not at all.  I disagree with you, which means I've just been a fucking iron wall of stubbornness.  Yep.  That's me.  Haven't even tried to say "Okay, I can see your point on that matter!"  Nope.  Not at all.

You're testing mine, quite frankly. Yes, you've conceded some points. But others you've outright ignored.

@Caitshidhe:  Holy shit!  A wild rational, well-thought-out rebuttal appeared.  I commend you for addressing my points without it devolving into something stupid and pointless. :)

Well-thought-out indeed, but again, you seem to be overlooking points made on previous pages.

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Yeah.  I've not conceded any points at all during this debate.  I've just said the same shit over and over instead of actually working to understand your arguments.  Not at all.  I disagree with you, which means I've just been a fucking iron wall of stubbornness.  Yep.  That's me.  Haven't even tried to say "Okay, I can see your point on that matter!"  Nope.  Not at all.

You're testing mine, quite frankly. Yes, you've conceded some points. But others you've outright ignored.

Well-thought-out indeed, but again, you seem to be overlooking points made on previous pages.

Such as?  I don't ask you to reiterate the entire thread since I won't reiterate all of my points (especially the ones I've abandoned), but can you tell me what I'm "ignoring?"  No?  Then don't say that.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.
You completely ignored my posts. Except for a few out of context stuff (The analogy of you and the "I'm not racist but..."). Seriously, you are like that. You're making every fucking excuse for this man, and attacking everyone here(even the victim in the story for taking action against his disgusting actions), and yet you think you're the hero in this because you add "I know the guy's actions were wrong but..." at the beginning and end of most of your posts.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »
Off the top of my head, I addressed the quote that you stated insulted the students' intellect, which you ignored. You didn't state what the other interpretation of the story was. You didn't address my post where I stated that the 21-year-old woman could not confront him directly about this, due to the other students being involved.

Overall, I'm mostly annoyed that you threw such a bitchfit over this, and that it took so long to reach this point.

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:48 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.
You completely ignored my posts. Except for a few out of context stuff (The analogy of you and the "I'm not racist but..."). Seriously, you are like that. You're making every fucking excuse for this man, and attacking everyone here(even the victim in the story for taking action against his disgusting actions), and yet you think you're the hero in this because you add "I know the guy's actions were wrong but..." at the beginning and end of most of your posts.

Totally like racism!  Not.

As far as "attacking everyone here,"  I'm fighting against pretty much everyone in the fucking thread.  That also may explain some points I missed.  I'd like to see YOU hold a conversation with half a dozen people and address all the points.

She took action.  I said I didn't necessarily agree with it, but I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DID IT.  Shit.  Jesus fuck you're dense, not to mention hypocritical.  Because I didn't explicitly say something about what you said, I didn't address what you said at all.  I'm not the only one who's completely ignored a few posts, it seems.

Also, I stand by thinking that it sucks that this guy is out of work?  I guess that makes me a horrible human.  It was his own doing in the end, but I do question how intentionally malicious his actions were.  In other words, he was a dipshit, okay?  What, I can't assume his motives or actions for his behavior without becoming akin to an apologist for racism?  Are you for real right now?

Shouldn't be surprised, knowing this place, I guess.  Remember, you're a piece of shit if you do something racist, whether or not it was you being a dipshit or actively malicious.  There's no fucking difference.  Awareness of how much of a fucknut you're being has NO possible bearing on how we should interpret actions.

Just another wonderful day at FSTDT.

The other interpretation was the guys motives.  Was he being a douchecock, or a clueless dope that could need some counseling?  Just because he has a history of being stupid doesn't mean he doesn't have issues that should be looked at by a shrink, perhaps.

The students...well, using students IS a conflict of interest, I will admit.  I repeat.  I'd like to see you take shit from half a dozen people on your day off and not miss a few points.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:47:27 pm by B-Man »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.

Totally like racism!  Not.

As far as "attacking everyone here,"  I'm fighting against pretty much everyone in the fucking thread.  That also may explain some points I missed.  I'd like to see YOU hold a conversation with half a dozen people and address all the points.

She took action.  I said I didn't necessarily agree with it, but I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DID IT.  Shit.  Jesus fuck you're dense, not to mention hypocritical.  Because I didn't explicitly say something about what you said, I didn't address what you said at all.  I'm not the only one who's completely ignored a few posts, it seems.

Also, I stand by thinking that it sucks that this guy is out of work?  I guess that makes me a horrible human.  It was his own doing in the end, but I do question how intentionally malicious his actions were.  In other words, he was a dipshit, okay?  What, I can't assume his motives or actions for his behavior without becoming akin to an apologist for racism?  Are you for real right now?

Shouldn't be surprised, knowing this place, I guess.  Remember, you're a piece of shit if you do something racist, whether or not it was you being a dipshit or actively malicious.  There's no fucking difference.  Awareness of how much of a fucknut you're being has NO possible bearing on how we should interpret actions.

Just another wonderful day at FSTDT.

Did I ever say you were being racist? I was comparing you to the "I'm not racist/sexist/etc but..." meme, or the "No offense but..." types. Is that not justified with the way you've been acting here? Jesus fucking christ. Way to take something COMPLETELY out of context just to ignore a point. WOW. just WOW.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!