Author Topic: New Pope Elected  (Read 20614 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: New Pope Elected
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 03:05:34 pm »
At least Ratzinger looked the part, in an honest way.....didn't you, Pope Nosferatu, O Foul Breath of Corruption...errrmmm, I mean, Benedict, Pope of the Sith and Exalted of the Empire! Dang, sure gonna miss the gifs and photoshops of ol' Bene.

This new dude looks like a short order cook at a diner in 'Jersey. Put a paper hat on him, and order your eggs over medium, wheat toast, and hash browns.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 03:23:52 pm »
At least Ratzinger looked the part, in an honest way.....didn't you, Pope Nosferatu, O Foul Breath of Corruption...errrmmm, I mean, Benedict, Pope of the Sith and Exalted of the Empire! Dang, sure gonna miss the gifs and photoshops of ol' Bene.

This new dude looks like a short order cook at a diner in 'Jersey. Put a paper hat on him, and order your eggs over medium, wheat toast, and hash browns.

I decided to begin the Photoshop trend.

I know, I'm a bad, bad person.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:25:25 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »
He looks like the father from Arrested Development.

"There is always money in the Vatican Banana Stand!"
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »

Dammit. Now I have to do that one too.

It's funnier when he looks like he's holding a Bible.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 05:02:27 pm »
Here's an article on the new Pope's involvement in the Dirty War--or lack thereof:
http://world.time.com/2013/03/14/the-new-pope-and-argentinas-disappeared-of-the-dirty-war/

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »
Here's an article on the new Pope's involvement in the Dirty War--or lack thereof:
http://world.time.com/2013/03/14/the-new-pope-and-argentinas-disappeared-of-the-dirty-war/

Goes into a little more detail than the other articles on the subject, but still essentially the same thing: no evidence whatsoever. A lot of accusations without a lot of weight to them, and yet people want them to be true so they can have more reasons to hate him.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »

I decided to begin the Photoshop trend.

I know, I'm a bad, bad person.

Dammit. Now I have to do that one too.

It's funnier when he looks like he's holding a Bible.

Now that I've caught my breath after laughing 'til I choked....3 fuck yeahs to you, for these 'shops, and all the research and article writing you've done in the New Korean War thread! (fuck yeahs limited to one per hour - my promise shall be kept! :)  )
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:27:54 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »
Woo!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:13 pm »

Goes into a little more detail than the other articles on the subject, but still essentially the same thing: no evidence whatsoever. A lot of accusations without a lot of weight to them, and yet people want them to be true so they can have more reasons to hate him.
Just about sums it up. People need to relax: I'm sure he'll do plenty to make us hate him. Believe me, there's no need to invent charges.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

And this is reason why I'm NOT going to miss Ratzinger, as a Palpatine fangirl, one can only take so many Pope/Palpatine jokes. Now bring on the father from Arrested Development jokes.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2013, 09:12:30 pm »

And this is reason why I'm NOT going to miss Ratzinger, as a Palpatine fangirl, one can only take so many Pope/Palpatine jokes. Now bring on the father from Arrested Development jokes.

You have now made me curious as to whether anyone has done an image of Ratzinger falling into the core of the second Death Star.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »
Fuck this guy already. "Shit, time to pick a new pope! Man, the direction of the world seems to be changing a lot. People want change. Let's elect a homophobe, that should work out.

Given the candidate pool, I'm not sure they could find one who wasn't a homophobe.

There's the Catholic church for you... homosexuals are the devil but pedophiles they're A-OK with.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 09:41:28 pm »

The man had his first Mass today and came in wearing a plain white cassock and a wooden cross.  Dude then preached a sermon on living how they say in the Bible.  Props for the message but until he starts setting up bonfire's outside with certain priests as the center, I'm not holding my breath.

Ironbite-see the new boss same as the old boss;.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »

You have now made me curious as to whether anyone has done an image of Ratzinger falling into the core of the second Death Star.

I asked that when he resigned. Still haven't seen someone deliver.

When I know how to edit GIFs, though....

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2013, 01:46:47 am »
Congratulation Catholic Church!  You have now moved into the 2nd Century!

Is there really any purpose for this other than to be offensive?  Do you feel better by bringing people you don't agree with down like this?

Seriously, comments like this piss me off.  I don't think they serve any real purpose except to be mean.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.