Author Topic: Who do you think was behind the Boston attacks?  (Read 13100 times)

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Who do you think was behind the Boston attacks?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:32 am »
I still hope they are not Muslim.  I hope Rinella's friend recovers

I think it was stated that the suspects were muslim, but no info on whether that was related to why they did it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:58 am »
I hope so but I don't think that'll matter to the Freeper crowd. Would you guys mind if I posted some quotes

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 09:34:20 am »
I hope so but I don't think that'll matter to the Freeper crowd. Would you guys mind if I posted some quotes

Yeah I know. Go ahead, I'm curious to see how racist it is.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:10 am »
(click to show/hide)
Looks like Dave Blount heard the news too.

For those of you who want to skip the link, here's a visual approximation of his reaction:

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:48 am »
Man, I knew these guys were stupid, but this has got to be one of the shittiest getaway plans I've ever seen.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 10:23:58 am »
Sigh sorry for getting scared.  Just now you can see Islamophobes being mean to anyone with a headscarf or beard  regardless of skin color

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:24 am »
(I'll call the two known suspects Black Hat & White Hat because their names are a finger-tongue-twister at the moment & they don't DESERVE to be named)

I'm watching MSNBC, right now. They've shut down Boston, told citizens to stay indoors. Black Hat was killed in a shootout last night. White Hat apparently is barricaded someplace with a bomb strapped to his chest. They may have had another accomplice who's on the run. Black Hat & White Hat are brothers from Chechnya who's family came here seeking asylum. After the photos/video were released the brothers panicked and started robbing convenience stores & killed a police officer at MIT.

Folks are speculating that the older brother, Black Hat may be the ring-leader or guy who came up with this nefarious attack, White Hat, the little brother was his sidekick. There may be other goons with them.

Unfortunately it turns out that it may be connected to Islamozealotry. There's a video on YouTube that one of the brothers may have put up a few months ago where he yammers about some sort of Islamic prophecy involving an army of warriors from central Asia who'll bring the "infidels" to their knees.

These are my theories:
* Two or more cretins with Islamozealot beliefs & delusions of grandeur, inspired by this alleged prophecy, decided to do this stuff.
* These guys are an actual cell, from an actual organization & did this.

I'm also thinking to myself, why did no organization take credit? Are these guys acting alone & got stupid ideas from Islamozealot websites? Why would Chechans attack America? Isn't their big beef with Russians?

A personal confession of mine, I was hoping this wasn't Islam-related. I was actually hoping it was either 1-2 lone crazies, white supremacists, far-right goofuses or stuff of that sort. The fact these guys are Muslim Chechans is going to open up a whole can of worms & perhaps provide ammunition for the TEAliban bunch in Washington. Now, I can only hope these were two wayward kids from a nice peaceful Muslim family that read way too much Islamozealot sites & got stupid ideas. Kids with no real sense of self tend to turn into bigots when they are sucked in by hate sites. Same happens with overly impressionable Muslim kids with Islamozealot sites. They get radicalized.

It seems, they MIGHT have White Hat surrendering but we don't know for sure.

Okay, Black Hat's dead, White Hat is holed up someplace in a standoff. There's a third, unnamed guy they're looking for who's out some place.

They're now talking to the suspects uncle, right now. He appears to be disgusted with his nephews & is now saying that they brought shame upon the family name & upon Chechnya & that his surviving nephew should surrender to cops and also bow before the bombing victims & Allah and beg for forgiveness. He calls whoever may have influenced his nephews "losers"! The uncle spoke glowingly about The United States & the opportunity for a new, peaceful life it gave him & the family (they have been through hell).

The family's a good family & it seems this is a case of "Young people with issues who picked up stupidity from websites and/or a bad crowd".

Y'know, I'm all for freedom of speech and the press. I will always loathe stuff like SOPA & whatnot but I feel an exception should be made for hate/terrorist websites. You wouldn't shout "FIRE!" in a theater & you shouldn't have junk like websites for hate organizations that can influence & recruit impressionable young people. Also, we should educate people about these ideologies (religious zealotry of any faith,  white supremacy, black supremacy, homophobia, etc.). We need to put the hate groups totally underground again & give those who teach love and tolerance a fighting chance.

Also, a site should go through a set of qualifications before it can be blocked. That way, sites won't be banned willy-nilly. If the sites are for an organized group and incite violence & hate crimes, block it! If it's simply a site where random goofs make bigoted comments, leave it alone (we FSTDTs folks need our material, anyway).

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:47:18 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 11:37:57 am »
I'm guessing they're both independents if nobody's tried to claim responsibility. The whole point of terrorism is to scare your victims' friends, family, and countrymen into submission. It's standard for modern terrorist cells to take responsibility of whatever they can to try and make themselves look powerful. Denying responsibility or refusing to comment makes it look like some random mad bomber.

They wouldn't be the first. Islamic terrorist organizations have gotten a lot of "martyrs" for a good reason, and the American invasion of the Middle East only provides more justification for people who have a desire to hurt us. Get someone with the right mindset riled up enough and they'll send THEMSELVES out to do the dirty work without you even needing to ask.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 11:44:39 am »
The reason they brought the Chechen War to America?  Dear knows.  I'd hazard a guess that they're angry that the rest of the world has done nothing to intervene in the Chechen conflict, although how they think taking on another Superpower will help is anyone's guess.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 11:46:06 am »
The reason they brought the Chechen War to America?  Dear knows.  I'd hazard a guess that they're angry that the rest of the world has done nothing to intervene in the Chechen conflict, although how they think taking on another Superpower will help is anyone's guess.

If they ARE Muslim, I'd guess extremist Islamic terrorism.

If they're not Muslim......I ain't got a damn clue.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:06 am »

To me, if they are muslims, it sounds like the worst kind of logic - basically "If America doesn't do anything about Chechnya, then we'll bomb you!".  Which means America will do something about Chechnya:  They'll go all out to help the Russians.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 11:50:54 am »
As I said, they're proving the stereotypes about chechens very, very right.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 11:57:07 am »

To me, if they are muslims, it sounds like the worst kind of logic - basically "If America doesn't do anything about Chechnya, then we'll bomb you!".  Which means America will do something about Chechnya:  They'll go all out to help the Russians.

I started thinking about this shortly after posting, and terrorism is an inherently flawed plan: you're attempting to force much more powerful nations into fear and submission through attacking them. The problem is, terrorism doesn't really do anything but make people want to kill you as fast as possible. I can't think of any time where terrorists have actually achieved their goal beyond short-term fear before getting caught and killed or imprisoned. Not to mention that their targets tend to be so much more powerful than them that it's akin to trying to knock down a skyscraper by shooting at it with a handgun.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:36 am »
Or maybe the fact they are muslim is a cocidence