Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 118846 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2013, 05:49:49 pm »
Have a couple of rather short sentences about two of my dreams:

1) At some sort of resort. The whisky is $2,000 a glass. Apparently I or my family is filthy stinking rich. I end up going for a whisky on the second shelf which peaks at $1,800 a glass. Are these glasses big? Nope. Standard rock glass. I don't know what else. I just remember the expensive whisky glasses.

2) I'm trying to kill something with a sniper rifle. But the bullet penetration isn't high enough. Someone next to me ends up suggesting a fucking bottle rocket. I actually try it. My sniper doesn't explode when I fire the fucking bottle rocket. It still isn't enough. So instead we decide to use telekinesis to up the penetration of a regular piece of ammo. I don't remember what happens after that.

And I had a weirder dream but it faded away. I just had this feeling of wtf when I woke up tho.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #331 on: September 18, 2013, 09:11:50 am »
I think I watched too many GTA V videos yesterday, because I dreamt that I was surrounded by sketchy people who constantly used racial slurs.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2013, 10:08:30 am »
Had a weird dream where Loki was in a wrestling match with Deadshot and Deadshot smashed him over the head with a crystal punch bowel that knocked him out. When he came too, Viper was there and she hypnotized him into joining this group she and Deadshot are in to take on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Then I called Empress Nikki up to gab about the episode. Then it turned into a dream where Korra was trapped in a submarine by her jerkass uncle for some reason. Then Puddles woke me up by crying. Very weird.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »
In my dream, which mixed the modern day with Mass Effect, the Reapers attacked my city, sending creatures all through the city.  My wife and I told each other that if one of us got turned into something by these things, the other would kill him/her.  We then got separated, but I managed to get a couple of SMG's and an assault rifle that also fired energy grenades when a Turian squad handed out weapons to certain people.  Then, I heard someone announce that the Collectors had joined the Reapers in the battle (At this point, I saw a Reaper in the distance, and its laser just missed me).

After blasting several creatures, I ended up in a below-ground apartment complex with some woman, and we opened one door, but I slammed it shut when I heard buzzing.   The woman, who claimed she loved bees, started to open it, but I pulled her away.  We then started back toward the elevator, but when I opened the door to the hallway, a bunch of husks tried to burst in.  I slammed the door shut and told the woman to ready her gun.

I got my SMG ready and threw the door open while firing, but she claimed her gun wasn't the right color and turned around to find another.  I ended up shooting the husks and running for the elevator, shouting for her, but she took her sweet time, asking me if the gun she picked matched her hair.

After I slammed the elevator door shut and it started to rise, she took my hand and began running it through her hair while standing VERY close to me.  Reflexively, I backed away and told her I'm married.  She then said that for all I know, my wife could be dead, but I countered that, until I knew for sure, I was considering her alive.  I then also reminded her that we were in a city trapped by creatures that wanted to use us for fuel and material for new creatures, and that was definitely NOT the time to have a romantic moment.

As the elevator reached the ground floor, and the door opened, I added that her blatant stupidity and self-centered attitude repulsed me beyond all reason before I bolted out of the elevator and into the street, not even looking back.

Before I woke up, I promised myself that if she showed up again and tried to pull that crap, I'd just shoot her.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2013, 12:41:38 pm »
Had a dream where I met up with someone I haven't seen in almost a year, whom I've wanted to ask out for quite some time. I think I went to see her, given the geography, but it was amazing. All it was, was a date (I think to a carnival). Nothing overly sexual or, for me, fantasized, just a normal date with the woman I haven't been able to get out of my head for way longer than is probably rational.

Usually, a good dream for me is one where I don't watch a close friend get chased and killed. To have one where, not only were we not, at some level, in fear for our lives, but actually enjoying ourselves in a normal setting, makes this the best dream I've had in... I honestly don't know how long. Waking up has never made me this depressed in my life.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2013, 02:57:30 pm »
I had one of those annoying dreams where you have to go to the toilet, but you can't because none of the toilets are private enough.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »
Oh man, I've had those.  Except usually the toilets I've got to choose from all have shit or blood (or shitblood) all over them.   I mean, what the hell?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2013, 03:13:04 pm »
Oh man, I've had those.  Except usually the toilets I've got to choose from all have shit or blood (or shitblood) all over them.   I mean, what the hell?

I've never had blood or shit in my dreams. For me the doors are either half the normal height, have massive gaps underneath them or they aren't wide enough.

And sometimes the whole needing to go to toilet dream is combined with discovering that I am wearing nothing underneath my coat.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:38 pm »
I've had the needing-to-go-to-the-toilet dream once.  I ended up finding a toilet, using it in the dream...and my bladder relaxed in real life.  If it hadn't been That Time of the Month so I had a good excuse for washing my own sheets at 1AM, my mother would probably know.  And I'd have had to deal with the fallout from that one for the past however-many years.

*sigh* and I had a dream the other night about having a nice family vacation with my parents and my brother.  It hurt to wake up from.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »
I don't have dreams where I realize that I am naked in a public place.

I have dreams where I, for some reason I don't understand, strip naked in a public place, realize what I've done, then try to find a place to put my clothes back on.

Curiously enough, people around me don't really seem to notice.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »
Sometimes I have dreams where I can't find my shoes and have to walk across all sorts of funky terrain.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »
The other day I had a dream where I was convinced that I had to go home, despite the fact that I was already there and fully aware of it. As in "Well, it's late, I have to go home and get to bed, even though I'm already home and my bed is right over there. So I'll get on a car, someone will drive me around the block, go back to the exact place where I am now, and go to bed."

I was aware that this made no sense whatsoever. I could find no reason to do it. I did it anyway.
Σא

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2013, 02:32:09 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2013, 02:32:33 pm »
Sometimes I dream I go back to school, but only for fun...