Author Topic: Sonichu Thread  (Read 38308 times)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Re: Sonichu Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2013, 11:38:55 am »
Eh, I've seen worse at every sci-fi convention I've ever been to. (except Gallifrey One, those folks are cheerful and good-looking) In fact, he looks a lot like an old friend of mine, except with hair, and my friend smiles more.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »
This was Chris-chan on his 25th birthday party.

Even then he appeared unnaturally aged. The difference is that back then he was happy and had hope. 6 years later, life has kicked his ass so thoroughly he just has nothing to smile about.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »
I could sympathize with the "life's kicked his ass so thoroughly he has nothing left to smile about" since I belong to that club myself.

.....But then I remember he brought it on himself and the fact that he's such a creepy-ass fuck, then I shiver at the thought that the marginal similarity connects us. Of course as one of the "good" people I suppose that I should be trumping the "we're all the same, happy happy joy joy, everybody is connected" schtick but he makes me want to not be a good person.

....'sides, evil has a better wardrobe designer.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2013, 02:01:12 pm »
Yeah, the thing there is, he looks like CWC. The stupid clothing, the pendant, the shit like that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2013, 02:16:14 pm »
I could sympathize with the "life's kicked his ass so thoroughly he has nothing left to smile about" since I belong to that club myself.

.....But then I remember he brought it on himself and the fact that he's such a creepy-ass fuck, then I shiver at the thought that the marginal similarity connects us.

I think that's the real tragedy of it. That he and his parents fought tooth and nail against his own happiness. Instead of using his autism diagnosis to understand and help him, they used it to cripple him. It's like a Greek tragedy.

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

.....But then I remember he brought it on himself and the fact that he's such a creepy-ass fuck, then I shiver at the thought that the marginal similarity connects us.

I think that's the real tragedy of it. That he and his parents fought tooth and nail against his own happiness. Instead of using his autism diagnosis to understand and help him, they used it to cripple him. It's like a Greek tragedy.

....I'm resisting the urge to go for the low-hanging fruit and make a joke about what the name of that greek tragedy would be called...
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »

....I'm resisting the urge to go for the low-hanging fruit and make a joke about what the name of that greek tragedy would be called...

If Shakespeare wrote it, it'd be called Romeo and JULAAAYet

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2013, 11:12:16 pm »
I... I can't feel any animosity for him.

I just feel sorry for him.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

I was going to say....Aspercles/Asperclus............................Please, please don't kill me
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2013, 07:37:34 pm »

I was going to say....Aspercles/Asperclus............................Please, please don't kill me

I loled.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2013, 08:47:34 pm »
I really, really want to hate this guy ("gaybians"? WTF?), but I can't. From what I can tell, a lot of his bullshit isn't really his fault, and he looks so... dead inside. *shudder* That said, if I met him at a con/on the street/anywhere IRL, I would apperate to Neptune to get away from him. He's a grade-A creep and a world-class nutjob.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:40 pm »
I really, really want to hate this guy ("gaybians"? WTF?), but I can't. From what I can tell, a lot of his bullshit isn't really his fault, and he looks so... dead inside. *shudder* That said, if I met him at a con/on the street/anywhere IRL, I would apperate to Neptune to get away from him. He's a grade-A creep and a world-class nutjob.
Agreed. It's like, I'm going to go join Ziggy and Omēga in space, because I don't want to be on the same planet as him.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2013, 09:38:31 pm »
I like that Major Tom lived. 

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2013, 09:50:26 am »
I like that Major Tom lived. 

......I hate you, I really, really, hate you right now. It's stuck in my head, and it's going to be stuck there all week. If you're going to do that....eh? Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me... is there any-one ho-me?
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »
Aw... sorry.  I rather like that PF song though... Seeeee youuu on the daaark siiiide of the mooooon....