Author Topic: Sonichu Thread  (Read 38320 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Sonichu Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2013, 01:43:41 am »
Yeah, well, I'm not interested in saving CWC. He's too far gone. I'm just not keen on the idea that he might take someone with him. More than likely, someone who doesn't even know who he is.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:01 am »
Yeah, well, I'm not interested in saving CWC. He's too far gone. I'm just not keen on the idea that he might take someone with him. More than likely, someone who doesn't even know who he is.

I was just about to say "I doubt CWC could hurt anybody if he tried. No one would sell him a gun." Then I realized where Chris lived and laughed at myself.

Though to be fair, a gun is pretty much the only way Chris could possible inflict harm on a human and I mean that seriously. He showed off on video his attempts to use a knife. He couldn't cut up a ham. A carved ham. And I knowing Chris, somehow he'd screw up using a gun and end up just killing himself instead of his target. Assuming his laziness isn't enough to keep him from ever getting a gun in the first place. Even if Bob owned one, Chris is probably too lazy to bother getting it.
Signature

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 02:11:00 am »
@ chitoryu12's latest post:

Oh yes, he has funny ideas about... just about everything.

And here's the most disgusting:

(click to show/hide)

And then, there is:

(click to show/hide)

I really want to say that I really don't like the Wiki on him. It takes some of the shit I hate about the Encyclopedia Dramatica and drags it there. Not to mention the casual use of racist, ableist and homophobic slurs, the 'Chan-speak' and the overall style of the wiki.

I really want to feel sorry for this man, but he's a lost cause and will never rise from the abyss he is in.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 02:41:26 am »
I hope you're right, Errata. But you don't need a gun or a knife to hurt someone. He's already shown he's more than willing to use a car. On the plus side, a car can be stopped fairly quickly by a cop who knows what he/she is doing.

I do take an idiot with a gun seriously. I recall a quote, so I'll paraphrase it : "I do not fear the world's greatest swordsman. I fear the world's worst swordsman, because there's no telling what that crazy bastard will do."

As for his funny ideas...well...At least we won't have to concern ourselves with him spreading his genes. I don't like the wiki either.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 03:00:28 am »
I'm reading the wiki right now as I can't sleep and wow...this dude is far off the deep end.

"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:05 am »
I hope you're right, Errata. But you don't need a gun or a knife to hurt someone. He's already shown he's more than willing to use a car. On the plus side, a car can be stopped fairly quickly by a cop who knows what he/she is doing.

I do take an idiot with a gun seriously. I recall a quote, so I'll paraphrase it : "I do not fear the world's greatest swordsman. I fear the world's worst swordsman, because there's no telling what that crazy bastard will do."

As for his funny ideas...well...At least we won't have to concern ourselves with him spreading his genes. I don't like the wiki either.

Well, guns are a bit different than swords. A sword or knife still lets you do serious damage if you clumsily swing and stab at random, just because of the design. With a gun, though, it takes a lot of skill. Police officers have notoriously lax training (I've seen the training regimen myself, and I know dozens of CIVILIAN shooters who are more practiced than them), which is why you usually see hit ratios in the realm of 30% even against targets who are still and not shooting back; most of their training goes toward making them able to draw, shoot, and reload on instinct. Gangbangers tend to be even worse since they (like Chris will) don't have the proper form and just kinda spray randomly.

First off, Chris would need to actually GET a gun. Contrary to the opinion of the South and America in general, someone like Chris will be scrutinized walking into a gun store much in the way that a small child would. Any shop owner, no matter how virulently supportive of the Second Amendment, would refuse a sale to him because he's very clearly mentally incompetent and a bigger danger to himself and others than the targets. He frankly looks like the guy who would muzzle sweep everyone in the store or even practice aiming by pointing the gun at the clerk, then start trying to load his gun up and shove it down the front of his pants before he's even out the front door. So he'd need to seek out a black market dealer; even if he knew where to find one, he'd still need cash. AND a dealer who's willing to sell to a guy who looks like he'll accidentally shoot the dude who just sold him the weapon.

So then he'd need to figure out how to load the thing. I'd be surprised if his buttery mitts could get a single cartridge in a magazine (you know he'd go for the cheapest gun possible, like a Raven Arms .25 or one of the many identical copies from the rest of the Ring of Fire like Lorcin and Phoenix; if he were lucky, a cheapo .22 revolver). Assuming he managed to get his gun loaded, he'd inevitably keep his finger on the trigger 24/7 and forget the safety regularly, and promptly put a hole in his wall or TV.

He wouldn't bother buying a proper holster, so he'd just stuff the gun in his pocket or waistband (or maybe his Tomgirl purse) and shoot himself in the leg.

And assuming he finally gets a loaded gun, he'd show up to see Michael Snyder in the parking lot, draw, and dump the entire magazine into the storefront behind him. Tons of collateral damage, but fails to hit anything (except maybe some unfortunate children in the building). The cops show up and ventilate him.

Nah, a car or blade is the best solution for him. It takes much less effort to jab a knife in a guy, or smash him with a car. Hell, Chris did it just last year!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:16 am »
Speaking of the car incident, that's one thing to consider. Yes, Chris is unstable, and there are those of us who worry what if he goes too far, what if he hurts somebody. But the incident with the car is the one example we have of him attempting to hurt someone.

It failed. He did gave Snyder some bruises, but ultimately, didn't do any lasting damage to anyone or thing so far as I know. And here's why I think. Chris talks, but he doesn't have the capacity in him to go through with real harm even at his most angry moment. If he had Snyder in his sight with his car, he'd hit the breaks or swerve. Hell, it sounds like he did just that. Because again, Chris fears authority, and he knows it's something he can't control.

If Chris had a gun, he wouldn't have it in him to spray up the Game Place because he'd be afraid to. If Chris could use a knife against anyone but a coma victim, he wouldn't have it in him to try because he'd be afraid.

This is the guy who stuffed his bed full of toys and hid under the pillows on his couch one night because someone told him a troll was going to come to his house and kill him. He's the one who runs from mall cops like it's the Bourne Identity. Yes, Chris has plenty of capacity in him to WANT to hurt people and to WISH people be hurt or killed. But nothing I've seen convinces me he has it in him to do it himself. The mix of laziness, fear, and his own weird world view won't allow it.

I may be proven wrong one day, but I just can't imagine a mix of situations that would allow Chris to overcome all of the barriers between him and physical violence to do lasting damage to someone.
Signature

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »
Oh god. THIS,FLESHLINGS! THIS! Behold: http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Magical_Man
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:04:16 pm by MadmanJohnson »
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 03:09:58 pm »
First off, Chris would need to actually GET a gun. Contrary to the opinion of the South and America in general, someone like Chris will be scrutinized walking into a gun store much in the way that a small child would. Any shop owner, no matter how virulently supportive of the Second Amendment, would refuse a sale to him because he's very clearly mentally incompetent and a bigger danger to himself and others than the targets. He frankly looks like the guy who would muzzle sweep everyone in the store or even practice aiming by pointing the gun at the clerk, then start trying to load his gun up and shove it down the front of his pants before he's even out the front door. So he'd need to seek out a black market dealer; even if he knew where to find one, he'd still need cash. AND a dealer who's willing to sell to a guy who looks like he'll accidentally shoot the dude who just sold him the weapon.

Or he can walk into Wal-Mart.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
Oh god. THIS,FLESHLINGS! THIS! Behold: http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Magical_Man

Haha, yeah. That guy will probably remain one of the unsolved Chris mysteries.
Signature

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
Something's watching Chris.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:32:03 pm by MadmanJohnson »
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I dare to be stupid.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:55 pm »
Or he can walk into Wal-Mart.

Buying a gun from Wal-Mart is no different. The store actually needs to get an FFL, which means the process is still the same and he'll likely still be denied a weapon there as well. Not to mention that many Wal-Marts have actually lost their license and only sell ammo and air guns.

Haha, yeah. That guy will probably remain one of the unsolved Chris mysteries.

I don't remember exactly who he is, but we got some info on him before and he's nobody special. It was a guy who happened to be a local and know Chris who managed to get trusted all the way to the point where Chris let him in his room. He decided that he didn't want to be part of the trolling scene any more and left.

Speaking of the car incident, that's one thing to consider. Yes, Chris is unstable, and there are those of us who worry what if he goes too far, what if he hurts somebody. But the incident with the car is the one example we have of him attempting to hurt someone.

It failed. He did gave Snyder some bruises, but ultimately, didn't do any lasting damage to anyone or thing so far as I know. And here's why I think. Chris talks, but he doesn't have the capacity in him to go through with real harm even at his most angry moment. If he had Snyder in his sight with his car, he'd hit the breaks or swerve. Hell, it sounds like he did just that. Because again, Chris fears authority, and he knows it's something he can't control.

If Chris had a gun, he wouldn't have it in him to spray up the Game Place because he'd be afraid to. If Chris could use a knife against anyone but a coma victim, he wouldn't have it in him to try because he'd be afraid.

This is the guy who stuffed his bed full of toys and hid under the pillows on his couch one night because someone told him a troll was going to come to his house and kill him. He's the one who runs from mall cops like it's the Bourne Identity. Yes, Chris has plenty of capacity in him to WANT to hurt people and to WISH people be hurt or killed. But nothing I've seen convinces me he has it in him to do it himself. The mix of laziness, fear, and his own weird world view won't allow it.

I may be proven wrong one day, but I just can't imagine a mix of situations that would allow Chris to overcome all of the barriers between him and physical violence to do lasting damage to someone.

This is true, but Chris also tends to act without thinking and could potentially move on momentum. It doesn't take much for a car impact to seriously hurt or kill someone, meaning Chris probably didn't even step on the gas pedal when he hit Snyder (since according to the court discussion of facts from the two girls who attended, he wasn't even knocked over until his mother hit him). But if he did, he could have broken bones or even run right over the guy in less than a second.

That's what leads to Chris being more dangerous than people would expect: he's a coward, but he also doesn't think. He panics and flees or tries to apologize as soon as he's realized that he's in trouble, but he'll still antagonize or make threatening motions toward others as long as he thinks he can get away with it. He may take his attempted threats and blind confidence too far one day.

Another thing we've seen with his driving, which I discussed often on the CWCki board, is that his behavior is sometimes downright animalistic. When in a panic, he operates on blind instinct. He's nearly hit people (including Snyder) with his car multiple times in the past, and accounts of the events seem to imply that he wasn't doing so intentionally. It's just that his brain wasn't considering anything but "fight or flight", and he was simply trying to escape danger as fast as possible. There's likely been at least a few other times we haven't heard about where he narrowly avoided hitting people or other cars and buildings (we do know that he ran from mall security, a chase that continued all the way to his car, shortly before getting banned from the mall again). Chris and cars are a very dangerous combination.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2013, 07:25:29 pm »
I'd be more worried about that zombie dog and ghost boy than Chris getting a gun.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »
Y'all had to pique my interest in the CWCki, didn't you?  I can't stop reading now.  Like being stuck in a continuity loop in the Tropes website.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 11:55:45 am »
I've got to say, I think he's a perfect example of our society. If anyone does anything remotely interesting, we'll put a focus on them and give them fifteen minutes of fame. Additionally, everyone wants to get those fifteen minutes, and will do anything to get them. I see Chris-chan in the same vein I see Sixteen and Pregnant and Jersey Shore. They'll do anything to have the camera on them, to not be nobodies. It's the "hey, look at me" culture that leads to people getting injured and putting it on Youtube. It's the reason Jackass exists. We're laughing at them, not with them, but they don't care, because we're seeing them. We've done the same with Chris-chan. He's a moron, so we put the spotlight on him, and focus on him. Everyone wants to be a celebrity, these days, and with our technology, everyone can be. All you have to do is put a GIF of a cat in space to a Vocaloid song or get hit in the nuts or create a terrifyingly horrible webcomic to become famous.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.