Author Topic: Sonichu Thread  (Read 38311 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Sonichu Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »

Absolutely not. Chris doesn't do enough in his life to violate probation in the first place. Not with his mother keeping him at home, at least.

I don't think he even noticed the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head.

I think at this point it's a race between what will give first: Barb's health or Chris' last shreds of control. When Barb goes, Chris will follow soon after. He has no control over himself or his assets, no one to help him, and no one to stop him. He'll blow through his cash, rack up debt, lose everything, and most likely end up in an institution if he doesn't end up in one as soon as Barb drops. Or, he'll finally go too far and not even mommy will be able to keep him out of trouble. I don't expect Chris to ever face real jail time, but eventually he's going to prove to the bureaucratic structure that he can't be left to run around on his own.

This is assuming that house doesn't catch fire from all the junk piled in it and burn down.

The house catching fire is a serious concern that should really be considered. So much trash is EXTREMELY dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised if Barb and possibly Chris are killed in a fire. You know the mom ain't getting out of their quickly enough, and Chris may panic or not even realize that a fire is rapidly spreading around the lower levels until it's too late.

But yeah, Barb's death is the biggest worry most people have for Chris. She's the only one with any semblance of control over his life, but Chris is also used to Barb's influence. He's autistic and has a childlike view of the world in many respects, with his parents being one of them. He was devastated when Bob died, despite oftentimes seeming to despise him and his attempts to control his behavior. Barb is one of the very few people Chris could ever be said to care about (in his own warped way), and her death is simultaneously the moment when nobody will be around to take care of him even a little.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2013, 03:37:45 pm »

Absolutely not. Chris doesn't do enough in his life to violate probation in the first place. Not with his mother keeping him at home, at least.

I don't think he even noticed the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head.

I think at this point it's a race between what will give first: Barb's health or Chris' last shreds of control. When Barb goes, Chris will follow soon after. He has no control over himself or his assets, no one to help him, and no one to stop him. He'll blow through his cash, rack up debt, lose everything, and most likely end up in an institution if he doesn't end up in one as soon as Barb drops. Or, he'll finally go too far and not even mommy will be able to keep him out of trouble. I don't expect Chris to ever face real jail time, but eventually he's going to prove to the bureaucratic structure that he can't be left to run around on his own.

This is assuming that house doesn't catch fire from all the junk piled in it and burn down.

The house catching fire is a serious concern that should really be considered. So much trash is EXTREMELY dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised if Barb and possibly Chris are killed in a fire. You know the mom ain't getting out of their quickly enough, and Chris may panic or not even realize that a fire is rapidly spreading around the lower levels until it's too late.

But yeah, Barb's death is the biggest worry most people have for Chris. She's the only one with any semblance of control over his life, but Chris is also used to Barb's influence. He's autistic and has a childlike view of the world in many respects, with his parents being one of them. He was devastated when Bob died, despite oftentimes seeming to despise him and his attempts to control his behavior. Barb is one of the very few people Chris could ever be said to care about (in his own warped way), and her death is simultaneously the moment when nobody will be around to take care of him even a little.
So, I'm assuming the internet will document every moment of the breakdown. I wouldn't be surprised if his funeral is attended by tons of people though, because of how they were amused by him.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »
So, I'm assuming the internet will document every moment of the breakdown. I wouldn't be surprised if his funeral is attended by tons of people though, because of how they were amused by him.

His funeral would likely have more trolls and internet documenters than relatives and friends, if he even gets a funeral in the first place (he has maybe half a dozen people that could be said to truly care about him, and one or two are likely to be dead before him unless something unfortunate happens). He barely communicates with his family.

But I'd be surprised if the internet would have much to document. Chris has very slowly realized that making his every move public is exactly what the trolls and peanut gallery want, and while he continues to do so on Facebook he keeps that private (though plenty of trolls have gotten access, they keep their content private for weeks or months to try and avoid getting caught in a burst of fear and friend list purging). What we'll be most likely to see is anything actually dangerous, like legit threats or plans of murder or property damage that the deep cover folks release just to try and get the warning out, or news articles about an arrest or violent incident.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:59 pm »

His funeral would likely have more trolls and internet documenters than relatives and friends, if he even gets a funeral in the first place (he has maybe half a dozen people that could be said to truly care about him, and one or two are likely to be dead before him unless something unfortunate happens). He barely communicates with his family.

But I'd be surprised if the internet would have much to document. Chris has very slowly realized that making his every move public is exactly what the trolls and peanut gallery want, and while he continues to do so on Facebook he keeps that private (though plenty of trolls have gotten access, they keep their content private for weeks or months to try and avoid getting caught in a burst of fear and friend list purging). What we'll be most likely to see is anything actually dangerous, like legit threats or plans of murder or property damage that the deep cover folks release just to try and get the warning out, or news articles about an arrest or violent incident.
Good point, but I was talking about the trolls. I imagine they'd want to see him off at this point.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2013, 10:14:12 pm »
I read through this wiki of his and I am fearful because I share some the of traits with him, other than the being obnoxious part. I am on government sustenance, I have characters that are Mary Sue versions of myself (and this is the reason I don't share it on the Internet, for fear of being ridiculed and harrassed.) I am a failure in life and I also admit that I am lazy but my apartment isn't as bad as Chris' house or otherwise I would have been evicted.

Reading about this guy made me feel my own inadequacies and how easily I could be the target of systematic harassment by online trolls and bullies.

That said, I feel bad for this guy. I really do and he had a shitty life. On one hand, I think that it was very wrong for the trolls to bully him but on the other, he brought this upon himself.

I really don't know what else to say.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

QueenofHearts

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »
Generally, I think this is a case of "if you're worried about turning out like that, you won't." As Chit's been saying, a lot of CWC's negative traits stem from a shitty personality and an entitlement complex which are magnified by (not caused by) his aspergers.

ETA: If you're worried about turning out like him, you already have enough common sense not to.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:57:45 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:26 am »
Generally, I think this is a case of "if you're worried about turning out like that, you won't." As Chit's been saying, a lot of CWC's negative traits stem from a shitty personality and an entitlement complex which are magnified by (not caused by) his aspergers.

ETA: If you're worried about turning out like him, you already have enough common sense not to.

This is what I tell a lot of people. There were quite a few people on the CWCki forum who had some of Chris's flaws, mental problems, or economic disadvantages. What we always told them, as you said, was that the fact that you're worried about becoming like him is already a sign that you shouldn't worry that you ARE him.

Chris has autism, yes. He had shitty parenting, yes. But a lot of his problems are personality flaws, and poor parenting isn't much of an excuse for acting like a douchebag.

The people who end up like Chris are the ones who deny that they could EVER be like him.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2013, 02:39:08 am »
Honestly, I think you're underestimating the situation, which is odd considering Chit's numerous disturbingly in-depth essays on Chris.

People post bad fan fiction on the internet all of the time. Very, very few are trolled as badly as Chris. Most just never get any views. The simple fact is, most self-identified trolls don't really have any skills besides convincing themselves that they're cooler than they really are. They flock to Chris because he's the lowest common denominator. Half of the time, you don't even have to DO anything, you can just read Sonichu & you'll get all manner of details about his personal life. You post those on his Wiki, he gets mad, he makes a bigger ass out of himself trying to counter what he initially wrote. The cycle continues indefinitely for easy infinite e-peen growth.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2013, 03:02:37 am »
Honestly, I think you're underestimating the situation, which is odd considering Chit's numerous disturbingly in-depth essays on Chris.

People post bad fan fiction on the internet all of the time. Very, very few are trolled as badly as Chris. Most just never get any views. The simple fact is, most self-identified trolls don't really have any skills besides convincing themselves that they're cooler than they really are. They flock to Chris because he's the lowest common denominator. Half of the time, you don't even have to DO anything, you can just read Sonichu & you'll get all manner of details about his personal life. You post those on his Wiki, he gets mad, he makes a bigger ass out of himself trying to counter what he initially wrote. The cycle continues indefinitely for easy infinite e-peen growth.

What actually started the trolling in its current form, the form that changed Chris forever, was that he was just such a goddamn odd person with such immediately identifiable connection to Sonichu.

See, Chris doesn't have much of an identity. Most of us identify ourselves based on our personality, what we enjoy, who we love, things like that. Chris's identity is based on tangible things, a sort of caricature of himself. His red and blue striped shirt, for instance. Or where he went to school. One of the reasons he tended to give away so much personal information during the Liquid Chris saga was because he thought that by telling people things like his phone number and home address, he could prove his identity. Some even believe that he gave up the iconic clown shirts not because of changing tastes, but because he thought that it would make him less identifiable as Chris-Chan. It's much like how cartoon characters only have a few outfits in their closet; viewing Chris's personality through a comic or cartoon filter leads to much of him making much more sense.

Part of that identity is Sonichu. Sonichu the comic is the closest thing Chris has to any kind of accomplishment, and he legitimately thought that he could get fame and fortune through it (despite his unwillingness to actually put forth effort; he just figured he'd hand the property off to Nintendo or Sega or whatnot and get royalties). Sonichu was such a huge part of his identity that it was essentially part of him in a sense. Hence why he wore the medallion and talked about it any chance he got, or worked Sonichu into other works or projects whenever he could.

That's what led to the initial trolling: his connection. The first Sonichu bits and pieces show up on 4Chan, and people laughed their asses off. But because Chris had connected Sonichu so closely to his identity, many people who knew him in real life knew about the comic. So when a couple of GAMe PLACe regulars went on 4Chan and saw the Sonichu comics, they snapped a photo of him and uploaded it with some more explanation of who he was.

And so it began.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:15 am »
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. Not so much the part where he got photographed & posted in 4Chan, I didn't know that, but that Chris has general habits that make him the world's biggest troll bait. Connecting himself so heavily with Sonichu, & advertising it so openly, being 1 of them. I was just condensing the information down so as to get the point "risk of being trolled is greatly overblown" across quickly & efficiently, & also because I'm half asleep.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:20 am »
I read through this wiki of his and I am fearful because I share some the of traits with him, other than the being obnoxious part. I am on government sustenance, I have characters that are Mary Sue versions of myself (and this is the reason I don't share it on the Internet, for fear of being ridiculed and harrassed.) I am a failure in life and I also admit that I am lazy but my apartment isn't as bad as Chris' house or otherwise I would have been evicted.

Reading about this guy made me feel my own inadequacies and how easily I could be the target of systematic harassment by online trolls and bullies.

That said, I feel bad for this guy. I really do and he had a shitty life. On one hand, I think that it was very wrong for the trolls to bully him but on the other, he brought this upon himself.

Chris isn't a bad person because he's autistic, or because he receives government benefits, or because he's never had a girlfriend, or because he lives with his mother at 31. It's his poor treatment of other people that makes him so abhorrent. If Chris was genuinely pleasant I don't think the trolls would have taken as much pleasure in tormenting him.

He doesn't have Asperger's. He's high-functioning autistic. They differ in that high-functioning autistic children have difficulty with speech in their early years, while children with Asperger's develop normally.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:06:54 am by Clochette »

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2013, 02:36:29 pm »

Chris isn't a bad person because he's autistic, or because he receives government benefits, or because he's never had a girlfriend, or because he lives with his mother at 31. It's his poor treatment of other people that makes him so abhorrent. If Chris was genuinely pleasant I don't think the trolls would have taken as much pleasure in tormenting him.

He doesn't have Asperger's. He's high-functioning autistic. They differ in that high-functioning autistic children have difficulty with speech in their early years, while children with Asperger's develop normally.
Actually, and I know this is a minor thing, he's had several girlfriends.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2013, 02:39:59 pm »
Chris has had ZERO girlfriends.

Not kidding. Literally every "girlfriend" he's had has been a troll. Most of them haven't even been women in the first place, and the one who was actually met him I believe once at the mall and ended up fleeing. She claims to have gotten a skin rash after he touched her bare arm.

Either way, Chris has never had a girlfriend. Not even once. Megan was just a friend that he thought he could get with. All the others were trolls, mostly men or boys with fake pictures. He lost his virginity to a prostitute, and I'm not even making that up. He admitted it himself.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2013, 02:42:01 pm »
She claims to have gotten a skin rash after he touched her bare arm.

I think the squick from that just GAVE me a skin rash.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2013, 02:44:46 pm »
Actually, and I know this is a minor thing, he's had several girlfriends.

Maybe in the very loosest sense of the word. All of his "girlfriends" were Manti Teo-style trolls and several of them were men posing as women.

The closest he's gotten to a relationship is hiring the services of a prostitute, who, as far as we know, was not a troll.