Author Topic: Headache-inducing Planned Parenthood report  (Read 5683 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Headache-inducing Planned Parenthood report
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 09:47:44 pm »
I found myself far more disturbed at the admission of reckless driving than Mr. McButthurt's woes.

You too?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »
I found myself far more disturbed at the admission of reckless driving than Mr. McButthurt's woes.

You too?

I was expecting the story to end with "...and then I crashed my car and killed someone. Thanks libs!"

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »
It seems that quite a few people think guys should have mandatory say in abortion in order to "even the score" due to mandatory child support payments.  You know, because it's more important to try and enforce control over someone's body than, say, actually fight to implement some kind of opt out system for guys who don't want kids.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are people who fight for both at the same time (ending the child support system for guys who don't want kids while giving guys who do want kids legal say in abortion).  Because hey, a woman's body is naturally made for pregnancy, so tough shit if she doesn't want it but the guy does; it's her body's role to carry it, not his.  She should just never ever have sex ever if she doesn't want to be pregnant.

Actually, that brings up an interesting concept.  If men had the choice to opt out of all parental responsibility and rights, but it was contingent to the same timeframe that women are allowed to have elective abortions, I wonder how that would affect the abortion debate and abortion laws.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »

You too?

I was expecting the story to end with "...and then I crashed my car and killed someone. Thanks libs!"

I actually thought that happened for a second, because of the weird train metaphor that they kept bouncing to while he was driving.

Actually, that brings up an interesting concept.  If men had the choice to opt out of all parental responsibility and rights, but it was contingent to the same timeframe that women are allowed to have elective abortions, I wonder how that would affect the abortion debate and abortion laws.

I saw this proposed once. It was a nice attempt, but in the end, I found it too easily abused. Then, in a really bizarre twist, someone I'd previously been supporting in an abortion debate turned around & said that child support couldn't ever be limited for many of the same reasons that were just used against the 2 of us, like that men should be more careful about who they sleep with, they should be made to be responsible, & it's for the good of society.

Point being, abortion is really easy, if you're not inserting bullshit emotional appeals into it. Every other field of medicine has doctor-patient confidentiality, it should be de facto that abortion does as well, & if you don't have a say in your relationship, that's a personal problem, the government shouldn't be your personal marriage control aid. Part of the reason that no one's solved the problems with child support is that they are much harder to get rid of without hurting the people it's intended to protect.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 12:03:30 am by Lithp »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 04:45:31 am »
It seems that quite a few people think guys should have mandatory say in abortion in order to "even the score" due to mandatory child support payments.  You know, because it's more important to try and enforce control over someone's body than, say, actually fight to implement some kind of opt out system for guys who don't want kids.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are people who fight for both at the same time (ending the child support system for guys who don't want kids while giving guys who do want kids legal say in abortion).  Because hey, a woman's body is naturally made for pregnancy, so tough shit if she doesn't want it but the guy does; it's her body's role to carry it, not his.  She should just never ever have sex ever if she doesn't want to be pregnant.

I've had more than one coworker who split from their men and the men would either refuse to pay child support, withhold it, or delay it.  Yet the men still had full visitation rights.

Yeah, men are being screwed over my ***!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 05:16:47 am »
I was thinking it might be real until the " “Oh God, what have I done? I feel horrible, empty… I feel barren… Like a dead flower” line. Nobody talks like that. People write poems and songs like that, but nobody talks like that. And, to quote one of the songs that makes up my username, "Your god is dead, and no-one cares". And, I fucking love the comments. They're turning on the man and woman for having sex outside marriage. That said, I think if anything, the custody system needs some serious reform. As it stands, the children tend to go to the fittest parent that has a vagina, even if that parent's an abusive shitstain whose mother should have aborted.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:21:10 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 05:58:55 am »
Right now I am angry.

At the start of the story I thought that it really might be a touching personal story about the side of abortion that is rarely discussed. I thought it might be a story about how abortion can be a traumatic experience to the people involved (even in cases where it definitely is the best option) but by the end it was clear that this was pure fantasy. This story was manufactured simply to guilt people from having an abortion.

Let me give a sincere "fuck you" to everyone behind that story.

And really, the would-be-father is involved in pregnancy and this "story" does injustice to them as well as the women who need an abortion. "Pro-life" groups aren't satisfied with simply going after the pregnant women, now they target the boyfriends and husbands as well. Maybe it's just because my wife is giving birth any day now and I'm particularly sensitive to these things but this preying on people's emotions is just really WRONG. They don't have a case to outlaw abortion based on logic or facts so they use simple emotional tricks and lies to drive their agenda.

Fuckers.

EDIT: The comments are really bad as well.
It begins with, "...his girlfriend was pregnant..." As horrific as the murder of the twins is, and the loss of her mental capacities is, what should also be mourned is an unmarried couple not loving each other enough to abstain from sexual intimacy. The breakdown of our culture is that males and females take what is not theirs. To exclusively give our sexuality to our spouse, both of whom have entered into a lifelong covenant of love and marriage, is what is required for children, for strong families, and for a culture of life. In the beginning he made them, male and female...
You know what? Fuck you too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:17:01 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:07 am »
If it makes you feel any better, a house divided against itself cannot stand. We already have splits in the fundie base, and the Tea Party vs. Republican civil war. Cracks in the Social Conservative line are what we want.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Distind

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 12:35:06 pm »
I've had more than one coworker who split from their men and the men would either refuse to pay child support, withhold it, or delay it.  Yet the men still had full visitation rights.

Yeah, men are being screwed over my ***!
Take them to court over it, by the end they'll wind up with a forced debit from their check before they even get it and the court fees. I say this having seen it done to family and entirely agreeing with the courts on it.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »
It begins with, "...his girlfriend was pregnant..." As horrific as the murder of the twins is, and the loss of her mental capacities is, what should also be mourned is an unmarried couple not loving each other enough to abstain from sexual intimacy. The breakdown of our culture is that males and females take what is not theirs. To exclusively give our sexuality to our spouse, both of whom have entered into a lifelong covenant of love and marriage, is what is required for children, for strong families, and for a culture of life. In the beginning he made them, male and female...

Are you fucking kidding me? I guess people can't possibly fuck before marriage because they love each other then. Nope, that little legal status is what seals the deal and makes penis in vagina a happy time.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »

Are you fucking kidding me? I guess people can't possibly fuck before marriage because they love each other then. Nope, that little legal status is what seals the deal and makes penis in vagina a happy time.

It's like they think being married solves poverty and a lack of education.

wrightway

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »
I can be a melodramatic bitch when I'm in the right doom and gloom mood. I'm still calling a whole pasture's full of bullshit on this story.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »
Boy N GF get pregnent <333333

GF iz upset Bcus she not wana B Mom </33333

GF syz she want 2 get abortion

Boy say "No!! teh chilren InSide U R babbys!!!!1!!

GF say "But I em my own women N I cen get a Aborton"

GF goes 2 doctorS ofice 2 get babbys killed

Boy get sad an crashes

Boy ded

GF Creis and is lik " I SHUNT HAV DUN DIS, NOW MY BOYFREN IZ DEEEEEEEED!

******** LIEK DIS IF U CRY ERYTIM!!!!1! ********
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:59:17 pm by Iconic Komodo Dragon 2 »
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »

GF iz upset Bcus she not wana B Mom

GF say "But I em my own women N I cen get an Abortion"

Boy crashes

Boy ded

GF Creis

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »

GF iz upset Bcus she not wana B Mom

GF say "But I em my own women N I cen get an Abortion"

Boy crashes

Boy ded

GF Creis

It's a paraphrasing of the story from the report, with added cheesiness
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)