Author Topic: Our queer world  (Read 80631 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Our queer world
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2014, 08:35:59 pm »
Screw the haters...Micheal Sam is a Ram now.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:58 am »
Screw the haters...Micheal Sam is a Ram now.

Aww. I was hoping the Packers would get him.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2014, 09:03:08 am »
Hear that sound? It's all the idiot dudebros giggling, hur-hur-hur Sam Ram...it up yer azz!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2014, 02:11:17 pm »
...although I could also see an even more NSFW joke if he went to the Packers.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:10 am »
Here's an opinion/editorial piece in the New York Times by Harvey Fierstein, our very wise and compassionate grandpa emeritus in the American LGBTQ community. Make sure you are not drinking a beverage while reading it; shocked outrage spray alert.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/opinion/what-is-this-child-doing-in-prison.html?WT.mc_id=D-E-OTB-AD-MEMORIALDAY-NYREGION-OS-0514&WT.mc_ev=click&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1400182869000&bicmet=1401565269000&_r=0
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2014, 07:08:03 pm »
Federal judges in Pennsylvania and Oregon have struck down their states' bans on same-sex marriage.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »
I'm proud to announce that a federal judge in my state, Wisconsin, just struck down the ban on same-sex marriage.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »
That's another one.  Also I'm hearing reports that South Dakota's ban has been challenged which makes all 50 states in play for gay marriage.

Ironbite-Kennedy is drooling and doesn't know why.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2014, 12:18:10 am »
I'm proud to announce that a federal judge in my state, Wisconsin, just struck down the ban on same-sex marriage.
Does that mean that same-sex marriage is now automatically legal there or do you still need to change the laws to specifically allow it?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2014, 12:28:09 am »
Does that mean that same-sex marriage is now automatically legal there or do you still need to change the laws to specifically allow it?

Well a gay couple just got married today, so...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2014, 12:43:06 am »

In general, if a law is found to be in conflict with the Constitution (federal or state), it is of no force or effect immediately. Sometimes judges will suspend their rulings to give lawmakers time to change the laws, and so that should there be an appeal with a stay granted while the ruling is appealed, anything legally done during the time in between the initial ruling and the stay is not thrown into limbo*.

*It is also sometimes the case that a ruling, even one from the Supreme Court (which cannot be appealed), is suspended because the status quo is better than a legal void while new laws are being written. Look at Canada (Attorney General) v. Bedford--three sections of Canada's prostitution laws were declared invalid, but this was suspended by a year to allow Parliament to pass new laws so that the activity would never be unregulated. (If there's one thing to be said for the virtual dictatorship that is a Westminster democracy, it's that things can get done pretty quickly when they have to be.) Granted, in that particular instance the new law is worse than the old one and will almost certainly be struck down: it's based on the laws used in Sweden, which are probably at least in part to blame for that country's having one of the highest incidences of rape in the world. But the government, being fucktarded beyond belief, refuses to send their proposed law to the Supreme Court for a reference opinion on whether it would actually be constitutional, apparently instead preferring to waste millions of dollars fighting the inevitable court challenges.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2014, 02:11:16 am »
The Vancouver Scohol Board now has a policy regarding transgender students' rights:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/transgender-policy-adopted-by-vancouver-school-board-1.2676879

Two trustees were kicked out of their party's caucus for refusing to support it. Apparently they're concerned that it will lower property vales.

Meanwhile, comment stupidity!

We all know that there will be some kid who thinks he's smart and tell everyone he thinks he's a girl just so he can use the girl's washroom and look at the girls. I'm all for gender rights, etc... but this is ridiculous. Which washroom you use in public should be dictated by what's between your legs. Why does common sense keep disappearing from society?

will next years big argument be about whether or not the virgins should use the same bathrooms as the students who are sexually active

i mean you wouldnt want them to mix would you, wont someone think of the children,

and what about the students in the Q group, they dont know if they're virgins or if they want to be hetrosexual or homosexual or bisexual, so shouldnt they have thier own bathrooms to

Going to the toilet is a biological need - not an issue of identity.
If you have a penis, you go to the men's bathroom.
Until you have surgery to remove it, then use the women's.
Are we supporting 1 person who is still biologically a certain sex, or alienating everyone else and making them uncomfortable to even use a toilet?

Vancouver; Canada's La-la land.
If the parents at that school are ok with it then go to town I say.
But if my daughter's school tried pulling the old "use the washroom of your choice" routine I would have them out to a different school faster than Oprah can eat a baked ham.

While we're busy making accommodations, shouldn't we look into why this phenomenon is happening?

Take your c lothes off and stand in front of a mirror. If you see a female, than you are a female. If you see a male than you are a male .Just because some one feels like an alligator, does not make them one. Come on folks, face up to reality.

After sports when I went to school we showered boys together and girls together. So everyone says if you are transgendered and are a boy by birth you should be able to shower with girls. Have people lost their minds.

This is bordering on the ridiculous..when someone uses a bathroom, it's assumed there will be some 'privacy' that goes along with the gender regardless. As a male, I would be very uncomfortable if someone who 'looks' like a woman suddenly decides to pop into the bathroom - awkward. Regardless of how s/he identifies his/herself..there is another person involved here and that's me! I have as much right to feel comfortable in the bathroom of my choice. This is easily solved by having people go to the bathroom designated for the gender they were first born with! I would think most people would be comfortable with that..and if a transgender person has a problem with it, think of all the other 'non transgender' people wjho would be uncomfortable because someone now wants to go to the bathroom of their choice.

Next it will be locker rooms and sports teams. Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill into law that will allow any K-12 student who identifies his or her gender as something opposite of what his actual sex is access to any bathrooms, locker rooms and sports teams. This is just another case of the ones who scream for tolerance are the most intolerant. It doesn't seem to matter what 98% of the population want. Allowing teenage boys and girls in the same washroom side by side, is a bad idea. It is completely unreasonable to expect teenagers, who are uncomfortable with themselves at this age, to accept this level of privacy invasion.

Humans with male genitals shall only enter the male washroom. Humans will female genitals shall only enter the female washroom. This has worked fine for centuries. There is NO need to change it because of 0.000001% of the population.

(reply to the above)

Totally agree. Way too much room for abuse on this issue. Only other option would be to have three washrooms, Male, Female, and Other.

As a man I know what it's like to be discriminated against. Maybe one day I'll get to use the women's washroom.

(reply to the above)

If you are a white male you have never known what it is like to be discriminated against. White males are not victims.

The same attitudes that tell children not to bring peanut butter sandwiches to school because one or two kids have allergies are in play here.

There are serious problems with the basic education being given to our children. Continuous pandering to minority groups is one of them.

(reply to the above)

it may be time to form a different school system where there are no minority issues ruling the majority of kids , it is harming their education and costing too much to pander to the minorities with their personal issues of allergies and different issues such as the one in the article , make a different selection on the tax forms , do you want the pandering public school , the Christian school or the regular public school that neither panders nor coddles your children , it is simply not fair to expect people to constantly be giving in at every turn cause someones kid has an issue over peanut butter or the parents tried to make them into a girl when they are a boy it's getting to be ridiculous
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:24 am »
The law for allowing same-sex marriage failed in finland 10-6 in the council that approves or disapproves initiatives before the parliament can vote on them.

This happened despite the fact that over 60% of Finnish people support the initiative.

Heads will roll when the next election comes.

EDIT: Correction, apparently this will still go to the parliament. So it can still pass.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:46:46 am by askold »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »