Author Topic: So apparenlty Obama wants to ban illegal streaming  (Read 5975 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
So apparenlty Obama wants to ban illegal streaming
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »
http://bgr.com/2013/08/06/obama-administration-streaming-proposal-felony/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29
I say apparently since I never heard of this site and a libertard posted on his facebook

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: So apparenlty Obama wants to ban illegal streaming
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:58:15 pm »
Well if it's true then I can tell how people will react. The internet's gonna let out a big stream on it, if you know what I mean, and just be all like "what you gonna do?"

Seriously guys, you can't do shit to the internet. No matter how hard they've tried to stop piracy it's all been an exercise in futility, with their efforts often encouraging people to pirate shit out of spite. I know I damn well have. What do they think will be different now?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:07:08 am »
Well I really can't say that trying to stop illegal activity is wrong. I just wonder what methods they are planning to use.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:19 am »
Well I really can't say that trying to stop illegal activity is wrong. I just wonder what methods they are planning to use.
The war on drugs is legal. Doesn't make it right.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 12:57:41 am »
Drugs are illegal and ruin lives.

Besides I'm not saying that I accept any and all methods they might use to fight against crime. I'm just saying that they do have an obligation to fight against crime and try to stop people from breaking the law.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 01:03:00 am »
Never heard of the site either, but The Washington Post has an article about it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 01:08:38 am »
Drugs are illegal and ruin lives.

There are also drugs that are legal and still ruin lives.  Just because a drug is legal doesn't mean it stops being a drug.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 01:30:35 am »
There are also drugs that are legal and still ruin lives.  Just because a drug is legal doesn't mean it stops being a drug.
Could I get a clarification?

Are you referring to prescription medicine? Misused legal drugs as narcotics or are you complaining about doctors who drug up patients?

Or is that just a veiled comment about the legality of alcohol and tobacco which are also harmful?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 01:52:42 am »
The main problem with the "War on Drugs" isn't so much drugs themselves being legal as the methods used by the American government. The employment of punishment for addicts, rather than rehabilitation, and excessive sentences for dealers has done significantly more harm than good.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 01:53:17 am »

Are you referring to prescription medicine? Misused legal drugs as narcotics or are you complaining about doctors who drug up patients?

Or is that just a veiled comment about the legality of alcohol and tobacco which are also harmful?

Prescription medicine, liquor, tobacco, anything that's a drug and is legal.  I fail to see how it was "veiled" in the slightest; my meaning was, to me, fairly obvious.  There are drugs that, while they are legal, have the potential for abuse, and therefore, the potential to ruin lives.  Legal drugs can be just as bad as illegal ones, if not (occasionally) worse.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:55 am »
The problem with the 'War on Drugs' in soundbyte form:

"The war on drugs is worse than the scourge of drugs. Like the prescription of amputation of your feet to cure tinea."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 02:41:53 am »

Prescription medicine, liquor, tobacco, anything that's a drug and is legal.  I fail to see how it was "veiled" in the slightest; my meaning was, to me, fairly obvious.  There are drugs that, while they are legal, have the potential for abuse, and therefore, the potential to ruin lives.  Legal drugs can be just as bad as illegal ones, if not (occasionally) worse.

Well I wasn't certain what you were referring to.

And I do agree that some of the outlawed narcotics aren't that bad compared to alcohol and tobacco for example. (though I still feel that pro-pot side is lying and misrepresenting the harm it does) And I sometimes see the logic in claim that if people want to mess up their own head and body they should be allowed to do it. It's just that it commonly leads to harm to other people as well and often benefits criminal organisations. And misuse of stuff like Krokodil and heroin and cocaine really does ruin lives and in the end I cannot support legalizing them.

And even though I also agree that the war on drugs in USA does seem to have questionably methods employed the fight against drugs and drug related crime is a good thing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 02:51:14 am »

Well I wasn't certain what you were referring to.

And I do agree that some of the outlawed narcotics aren't that bad compared to alcohol and tobacco for example. (though I still feel that pro-pot side is lying and misrepresenting the harm it does) And I sometimes see the logic in claim that if people want to mess up their own head and body they should be allowed to do it. It's just that it commonly leads to harm to other people as well and often benefits criminal organisations. And misuse of stuff like Krokodil and heroin and cocaine really does ruin lives and in the end I cannot support legalizing them.

And even though I also agree that the war on drugs in USA does seem to have questionably methods employed the fight against drugs and drug related crime is a good thing.

But people only use Krokadil because they can't get heroin.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 09:18:21 am »
To make my end clearer, I don't give a shit what you put in your body, be it a foreign object or crack.  Its your body, and if you want to do something to it, no matter how stupid, that should be your right as an adult.  However, I fully support addiction support centres and rehab clinics, along with proper drug education in schools.  If you wanna use em, such should be your right, but if you want to quit and need help, then help ought to be provided, at little to no charge.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 10:42:54 am »
http://actonline.org/act-blog/archives/1931
Actually the part of sopa would not hurt too much if revived