Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568676 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1050 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:04 am »
Has nobody else noticed that Season 2 is now on Netflix?

Seriously, it's been up for weeks.

Yay for finally being able to watch the Discord episodes on a real TV~
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1051 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:51 pm »
... I really need to mention this sort of thing when it hits EqD, don't I?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1052 on: June 26, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »
As Nom reminds me, everypony doesn't go there.

As far as the Flim Flam brothers song goes, you gotta work up to it. Get a transcript of the lyrics, read through them slowly, and then continue to build speed as you become more and more comfortable. Some voice exercises for ennunciation can also help.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1053 on: July 01, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »
Finally! It's time to PAR-TAY!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXNTCpM6rE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXNTCpM6rE</a>
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #1054 on: July 01, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »
I'll see your new PONY.MOV, and raise you a new Friendship is Witchcraft:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_f6pDBkNlo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_f6pDBkNlo</a>
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1055 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »
Now my day is 20% more awesome!

And they can say Apple again!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:11:09 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1056 on: July 03, 2012, 12:44:43 am »
Okay, for those interested, I have a stack of business cards so folks can look at art and such, and maybe commission these awesome pones.

On another note... Bronycon was on fire briefly on Saturday.  Literally on fire.  An electrical contact in one of the overhead lights melted, sending flaming plastic down onto the concrete below.  Had to call in the fire department and reschedule things and everything.  It wasn't major, but it was a headache for the staff.

The socializing? awesome.  We literally partied all night.  I bartended every night, too, meeting artists like Buttercup Saiyan (who does rule 34 art and BEAUTIFUL SFW watercolor paintings), Carnifex (of the Ask Velvet tumblr), WillDrawForFood (as in Ask Surprise), Boiler3 (whose tumblr is awesome), got downright snuggly with Fetchbeer (the resident boozing zebra, who's a total sweetheart), SmittyG (who does amazingly well-detailed art in general, even if his talent lie more in the realm of Rule 34 as well) and Lil Miss Jay (of Ask Lil Miss Rarity).

Did I mention that the mousepads one of the pre-readers was selling sold out in an hour and banked him 1200? He'll be attending next con with 200, rather than just 80.

And for the writers panel (that I was on, natch)... well, once it's up on Youtube, I'll link it here.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #1057 on: July 03, 2012, 12:55:56 am »
Ooh, hearing about art is a good thing. I have a pal who wants to start a satirical Tumblr pony askblog, but he is no good at arting. I told him I'd put out some feelers to my contacts in ponyland and see if anypony wants to collaborate for him.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1058 on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:57 am »
Of all the footage I've seen, the most amusing thing for me was the following tweets by Tara Strong:

Quote from: tara strong ‏@tarastrong
Me & @MMeghanMcCarthy kidnapped a Brony!....details to follow

Confusion followed, but then all was explained.

Quote from: tara strong ‏@tarastrong
gave him a ride to the hotel cuz he knew not how long his friends would b & couldn't leave him @ airport, Bronynapped!

I was amused. :)

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1059 on: July 03, 2012, 05:01:46 am »
Yeah, Tara Strong was apparently made of win and badass.  Was a BITCH and a half trying to meet any of the celebs though, compared to January.  the lines were brutal for autographs, as I understand it.  Three hours, kind of lines.  At $20 a pop, minimum, times several hundred ponies...

Formerly Priestling

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1060 on: July 04, 2012, 01:21:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93kBPeH1w8c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93kBPeH1w8c</a>

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1061 on: July 04, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »
Man, we were SO swag, y'all got NO idea.

*/swag*

Formerly Priestling

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1062 on: July 04, 2012, 08:28:42 pm »
I'm going to come clean, I'm not a big fan of the PONY.MOV videos. They just rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1063 on: July 04, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »
I'm going to come clean, I'm not a big fan of the PONY.MOV videos. They just rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Same.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1064 on: July 04, 2012, 09:52:52 pm »

I'm still going to send you SWAG.MOV when it comes out  8)

But, the style and humor of PONY.MOV is much different thatn MLP:FiM. But have you checked out the Jappleack blog? It's building a strong story.