Author Topic: Rage...pure rage  (Read 7803 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Rage...pure rage
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 07:22:04 am »
Richards hired one of the state's top law firms and was offered a plea deal of one count of fourth-degree rape charges -- which carries no mandatory minimum prison sentencing. He accepted, and admitted to the assault.
What. The. Fuck.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:36 am »
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/delaware-statutory-rape-laws.htm

So, the rich man got his charges dropped down to a level of what we traditionally call, "statutory rape", which laws were intended to discourage both young or older male scoundrels from seducing young teen girls, "ruining" their virginal purity, their and their family's reputations, and spoiling the girl's marriage-ability back in the day.

I'm pretty sure that law wasn't intended to allow a biological father who raped his three year old daughter to bounce on down the front court house steps a free man.

Statutory rape is prosecuted under Delaware’s sexual assault and rape laws and includes sexual contact or intercourse between an adult and a minor who is 15 years old or younger. It also includes intercourse between an adult who is 30 or older and a 16 or 17 year old minor (unless the marital exemption applies, discussed below).

Within those categories, the offense is broken further into several categories based on what conduct occurred—sexual intercourse, penetration, or contact may all be prosecuted (and punished) differently.

Rape in the first degree includes sexual intercourse with a victim younger than 12 years old, when the defendant is 18 years old or older.

Rape in the second degree includes sexual contact involving some penetration (however slight) with a victim younger than 12 years old, when the defendant is 18 years old or older.

Rape in the third degree involves sexual intercourse or penetration with a victim who is 15 or younger when the defendant is at least ten years older than the victim.

Rape in the fourth degree involves sexual intercourse or penetration with a victim who is 15 or younger, or when the victim is younger than 18 and the defendant is 30 years old or older.

Unlawful sexual contact in the first degree involves sexual contact with a victim who is 13 or younger.

Unlawful sexual contact in the second degree involves sexual contact with a victim who is 14 or 15 when the defendant was more than four years older than the victim.

(11 De. Code Ann. § 770, 771, 772, 773, 768, 769.)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 02:01:59 pm »
Signed...I hope this succeeds.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »
Signed. Hope it goes all viral brush fire in days.....
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »
Won't do crap though.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:00 pm »
No, it's just feedback from the general public, but it will get that judges name in the news even more, and possibly a Delaware federal district court judge will remand the decision in for review and retrial, or just overturn it and re-sentence that sick fuck of a douchenozzle.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:53 pm »
No, it's just feedback from the general public, but it will get that judges name in the news even more, and possibly a Delaware federal district court judge will remand the decision in for review and retrial, or just overturn it and re-sentence that sick fuck of a douchenozzle.

Here I was thinking that, in the absence of new evidence in a case, double jeopardy was unconstitutional.

But don't let little things like the Constitution get in your way.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:34 pm »
Judicial error is a thing. Declared mistrial over bad sentencing, procedural error, and etc. is a thing. It is not a harassing re-trial of the already convicted person, not the retrial of a person exonerated at court, a person found innocent by a judge and jury. Please, don't cite the Constitution in error.

The charges are declarable as in error - and they were arrived at through a plea bargaining, recall - whether through new evidence or a finding of misapplication, which is what this particular case demonstrates. He was found guilty of the incorrect charges. His sentence was what? Time served? For incestuous rape of his infant/toddler daughter? He is in fact retry-able. Judges have sentences overturned by higher courts all the time. And they get disbarred for them in cases like this. It's known as a miscarriage of justice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:33:45 pm by mellenORL »