Author Topic: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement  (Read 37567 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: College Gunman Influenced by Men's Rights Movement
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2014, 02:01:37 am »
I've gotten so sick of the whole "concealed carry would've stopped this" meme that I've decided to make a big preachy rant on it:

You’re in a crowded area.  You hear a gunshot behind you.

Luckily, you’re a concealed carry.  Living for this moment, you whip your gun out of its holster, whirl around, and turn off the safety.

There are 5 people with guns, all trained on each other.  Another concealed carry whips out his gun and trains it on you.

Who was the first person who fired a shot?  Who do you shoot?

Bang, you’re dead.  Your death starts a chain reaction where everyone shoots at each other.

Gunners miss each other.  They hit civilians.

If there was a single concealed carry on the scene, things might have been different.  But you had six people with hero complexes who aren’t psychic.  Any one of you could have been the mass shooter.

You know what we call a group of concealed carries who defend people?  Police.  You know why they wear a uniform?  So they know who not to shoot.

Remember, at every scene involving a shooting where concealed carries have been involved, they have either almost shot the person who wrestled the gun out of the shooter’s hands, or they HAVE shot them.

So next time you see someone say “If there was a concealed carry at the scene, this would have been averted,” you can reply, “it actually would’ve made the situation worse.”

By the way, I support the second amendment.  I just also support reason and intelligence.  If you have neither, you shouldn’t own a lethal weapon.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 02:19:34 am »
I've gotten so sick of the whole "concealed carry would've stopped this" meme that I've decided to make a big preachy rant on it:

Luckily, you’re a concealed carry.  Living for this moment, you whip your gun out of its holster, whirl around, and turn off the safety.

There are 5 people with guns, all trained on each other.  Another concealed carry whips out his gun and trains it on you.

Bang, you’re dead.  Your death starts a chain reaction where everyone shoots at each other.

If there was a single concealed carry on the scene, things might have been different.  But you had six people with hero complexes who aren’t psychic.  Any one of you could have been the mass shooter.

You know what we call a group of concealed carries who defend people?  Police.  You know why they wear a uniform?  So they know who not to shoot.

Remember, at every scene involving a shooting where concealed carries have been involved, they have either almost shot the person who wrestled the gun out of the shooter’s hands, or they HAVE shot them.

So next time you see someone say “If there was a concealed carry at the scene, this would have been averted,” you can reply, “it actually would’ve made the situation worse.”

By the way, I support the second amendment.  I just also support reason and intelligence.  If you have neither, you shouldn’t own a lethal weapon.
On the subject of "every scene involving a shooting where concealed carries have been involved", are there news reports you can provide?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2014, 02:21:12 am »
Well, I know at the Tucson shooting, the guy with a gun nearly shot another bystander. I mean, logically, such an adrenaline pumping and emotionally volatile event is not conductive to accuracy.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2014, 02:26:10 am »
How bout we just stick to gun locks n stuff.

You mean trigger locks and locks that go through the chamber? Do you know how fast I could get through one of those? Most can even be broken just pulling on them hard enough. They're a joke for any actual security. It might keep out a young child, but that's the most it could do.
Damn, to bad the technology on how to make gun locks is controlled by the government and thus it is impossible to invent better ones.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:40 am »
Well, I know at the Tucson shooting, the guy with a gun nearly shot another bystander. I mean, logically, such an adrenaline pumping and emotionally volatile event is not conductive to accuracy.

To be fair, do you remember the news stories of how shitty the accuracy of the average cop is in a similar situation?

I remember one where two cops in New York(I think it was NY anyway) shot at a guy and hit him, but also hit like three people behind him. I have to question the wisdom of firing a gun on a busy city street, because at least in hindsight, that seems like a really stupid idea to begin with.

Keep in mind it's like threading a needle while a couple guys are swinging swords at you. And that's assuming your threading the right needle, as Magus said.

You mean trigger locks and locks that go through the chamber? Do you know how fast I could get through one of those? Most can even be broken just pulling on them hard enough. They're a joke for any actual security. It might keep out a young child, but that's the most it could do.
Damn, to bad the technology on how to make gun locks is controlled by the government and thus it is impossible to invent better ones.

I never said a better one couldn't be made, just that most, if not all, of the ones currently available aren't very good. The ones given away for free are naturally the cheapest locks available, but it's better than nothing. I just think a proper safe is a much more secure option.

One hard part about making a secure gun lock is that they're generally made to be universal. I could probably design a lock that fits securely in the chamber of a gun and can't easily be broken, but that comes at the price of it only working on that model of gun. A different lock would have to be made for all the common models out there, and that's not very easy or economically feasible.

Of course it would go a long way to just use quality materials and a lock tumbler style that's hard to pick. Unfortunately that isn't what gets used from what I see.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2014, 03:04:19 am »
Magus, I can understand your exasperation but this post was full of...wrong. Do I think this incidence would have been averted if a CCW holder was present? No; because this fuckstick was doing drive-bys. However, I would like to offer a rebuttal.

Luckily, you’re a concealed carry.  Living for this moment,

First off, I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of CCW holders aren't "living for that moment" rather it's a moment they dread. CCW holders carry in case of a worst case scenario and their first thought isn't "Yay, I get to be a hero!" but rather it's "assess the situation."

you whip your gun out of its holster, whirl around, and turn off the safety.

Answer; no one until you can assess the situation. CCW holders have a frame of mind they get into that is called OODA (Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act) and would refer to this as a Condition Orange. Which means that until a clear and present threat is sighted, no bullets are going to fly.

Just like cops.

Why do you think a person who carries a firearm has a hero complex? I am planning on getting a CCW permit but I readily admit I am no hero; if bullets do start to fly my initial reaction is going to be to extract myself from the situation. My (soon to be) having a CCW permit doesn't mean I have a hero complex any more than the seat belt I wear means I want to drive a NASCAR or the fire extinguisher by my desk means I want to be a fireman. I wear my seatbelt in case I am in a wreck, I have a fire extinguisher in case something ignites. I want a CCW in case I am attacked.

Uniformed police don't carry concealed and they wear uniforms for a whole host of reasons, that of which is but one among many, not the sole reason.

[citation needed]

Tell you what, I won't just leave snark there because you don't deserve it. But I will provide you with links to stories of CCW holders defending themselves against an attack without endangering innocents.

Actually, we can't say either way. I am of the opinion that it would have made little to no difference either way because, as I said before, this fuck was in his car and doing drive-bys.

There's a saying going around the gun-rights circles that leaps to mind here, I think it's somewhat akin to what you're saying in your last sentence: "If you can't be trusted with a firearm you can't be trusted without a guardian."

I would also recommend reading this article as it sums up CCW holders quite nicely and might help clear up some misconceptions you might have about them.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2014, 03:46:21 am »
Damen, I like you, but my post was addressed at the vast multitude of people who like to claim that if they were there, the incident wouldn't have happened.  Basically, people with actual hero complexes.  They exist out there. 
Also, have you SEEN how some gun nuts talk?  They practically DROOL over the chance to use their gun in public.

If you don't have a hero complex, and if you aren't drooling over the chance to use a gun, good job, I'm not complaining about you.

Now don't take things personally when they aren't aimed at you.

As far as your citation needed, that's already been provided by someone else in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:48:14 am by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:58 am »
Make no mistake, I take no offense however try to understand where I'm coming from. I'm a to-the-core progressive liberal and I tend to frequent progressive websites but I am also a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter so I also frequent pro-2nd Amendment websites which is a very conservative subject. As such, I am exposed to both points of view on a very regular basis. So yes, I have seen those types of people. But those are the people who are looked down upon in that particular community and are largely a minority. I count myself among the few who, while I would carry a firearm, I would dread the day I'd have to use it.

The only reason I made that rebuttal was because your points were (appearing to be) making broad assumptions about CCW holders based on the reputations of the minority and other bits of misinformation. As such, the arguments you try to present will be dismissed out of hand but I wasn't trying to do that. If I was, then I wouldn't bother giving you news articles regarding CCW holders and defensive gun uses. Your initial post did make it sound like you were taking a broad shot at CCW holders as a whole rather than those with their heads lodged firmly up their asses and my post was made in large part on that basis. But try to look at my post and treat it as a learning aid? Your message will come across more effectively if you don't put your target audience on the defensive as would happen with the preachy rant. The end result would only be you preaching to the choir.

I'm not trying to be mean here and I apologize if I sound that way.

As for the [citation needed] that you say has already been provided, I haven't found it. Could you provide a link?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2014, 09:49:45 am »
Perhaps you're right. But it's hard not to seek a rational (or at least comforting) explanation for such an evil act. Maybe this is one of those cases where everyone does everything right, and the fuckstain just turns out evil anyway.

My apologies if I have caused any offense.

No worries. It's only natural to want something concrete to point at as a cause when faced with something horrific, and the way a person was raised is generally the first place you're going to look for an explanation.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2014, 10:06:22 am »
Would it be appropriate to consider this guy an MRA terrorist?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2014, 10:49:11 am »

I never said a better one couldn't be made, just that most, if not all, of the ones currently available aren't very good. The ones given away for free are naturally the cheapest locks available, but it's better than nothing. I just think a proper safe is a much more secure option.

One hard part about making a secure gun lock is that they're generally made to be universal. I could probably design a lock that fits securely in the chamber of a gun and can't easily be broken, but that comes at the price of it only working on that model of gun. A different lock would have to be made for all the common models out there, and that's not very easy or economically feasible.

Of course it would go a long way to just use quality materials and a lock tumbler style that's hard to pick. Unfortunately that isn't what gets used from what I see.
It would help prevent a lot of suicides by teens trying to get into their parents guns.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2014, 12:06:01 pm »
Would it be appropriate to consider this guy an MRA terrorist?

...As sad as it is, that sounds very accurate.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »
Imagine what would have happened if this guy had been a Muslim who did this.
The asshats at Fox would be calling for hijabs to carry the death penalty. The police would be given millions in defense grants.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2014, 06:55:19 pm »
As for the gun control debate - here is an article from Mother Jones:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/pro-gun-myths-fact-check

Anyway you crackers all know how I feel about guns.

As for this guy the whole thing is really sad, however I wish the media would stop saying he was rejected by women. As that feeds into this whole if only some girl had given him a blowjob we wouldn't be here - selfish bitches bullshit. He never actually approached any women to get rejected. Truly one the most pathetic cowards of our times.

Reminds me of the joke about the Rabbi who prays to God to win the Lotto, he keeps praying and eventual God calls down to him "Help me out Rabbi, at least buy a ticket"

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2014, 07:15:34 pm »
So I was looking for comments the guy made by his YouTube channel only to come up empty. However, I stumbled upon his alternate channel which had some interesting comments.

Guys who call other guys who have wealth and style "gay", are jealous.

What the hell?? The women in London are BITCHES. Horrible, horrible bitches. He has a Maserati and they barely even look at him. I'm getting myself a Maserati soon, and I'm hoping the girls in California where I live won't be like this. They better notice me and flock to me or I will be really angry.

That quote got an ironic response from someone else:
i agree they are. Cali girls are way better. Ur so lucky ur getting this sexy beast

Anyways, back to his comments"

Shut the hell up you ugly jealous little retard. Men who are half white half asian are the most beautiful. We are the new master race, above both whites and asians. You are just JEALOUS. Crawl back into your hole, you pathetic worm.

Shut up you ugly Indian piece of shit. What would you know about fucking anyway? No one would go for you. People who are "fucking" at such a young age end up being poor losers later in life, and will end up serving those who concentrated on achievement.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:39:30 pm by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.