Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 540048 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4560 on: January 10, 2020, 12:05:22 am »
That's lovely Ravy, always good to have some family healing. Even if it doesn't all pan out. I'm having the opposite experience at the moment, cauterising some old family wounds and opening others etc.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4561 on: January 10, 2020, 11:17:38 pm »
It's extremely good that your uncle is making some kind of effort. And good on him for not falling for the Trump thing. I remember him talking a whole lot about how he was going to help the people suffering with opiate addictions but I've yet to hear anything about him taking the steps that would be necessary to do so, likely because he doesn't actually give a fuck.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4562 on: January 11, 2020, 05:39:07 pm »
Aye, my uncle's always had a pretty good head for people; though, he does admittedly have a blind spot for his kids and his mom, which I can't really fault him for that.  Also, Davey, sometimes that shit's necessary.  You don't gotta keep toxic, shitty people in your life just because you happen to share some circumstantial genetic shit.  Hell, I share plenty of genes with chimps, but you won't see me having a beer with one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4563 on: January 12, 2020, 04:30:11 am »
Thanks Rav, yeah I have some toxic stuff in my life that I can't cut out but there are other ones which I've decided can be severed immediately. Now that I'm 40 I'm too old for this shit.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4564 on: January 12, 2020, 09:15:22 am »
Ya can't decide your relations, but you can decide who your family is.  That's why I pruned a few branches off mine, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #4565 on: February 15, 2020, 01:08:36 pm »
I had a really nice date last night, and now I'm gonna go see the Sonic movie with my kids.