Author Topic: Two Louisiana teachers have a threesome with male student  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Two Louisiana teachers have a threesome with male student
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 12:54:32 am »
Yeah, how will he get up in the morning knowing he had a hot threesome with two of his teachers?

HOW WILL HE LIVE WITH HIMSELF!?
It's his cross to bear.
How does the victim feel about this turn of events, that is, having sex with two of his teachers...

Well, on the one hand breach of student / teacher whatever, on the other, where do I find these women?

You're probably too old for them.

Ok guys, stop that.

You are joking about a rape victim.

Seriously, even though he is nearly an adult you have to take in account a few things:

a) These teachers were in a position of authority over him. Therefore it is possible they could have used that to coerce him to have sex with them.

b) Age of consent is there for a reason. People mature at different ages we do not know if he was ready for sexual relationships.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 01:23:28 am »
Seriously, even though he is nearly an adult you have to take in account a few things:

a) These teachers were in a position of authority over him. Therefore it is possible they could have used that to coerce him to have sex with them.

b) Age of consent is there for a reason. People mature at different ages we do not know if he was ready for sexual relationships.

Point taken with them possibly having authority over him and changing his grades, but it doesn't sound like any of the charges pressed against them reflect that. The age of consent in Louisiana is 17. In several other states it's 16. The concept is more fluid than our laws currently accommodate and should be taken on a case-by-case basis.

Super-citation-needed-allegedly.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:54 am »
In Finland the age of consent is normally 16 but is raised to 18 in cases where the older person(s) is/are in a position of power/authority over the younger person(s). Such as teachers, police officers or parents.

The point is that it is hard to know if the person's authority was an influence to the younger person agreeing (in cases where physical coercion/force was not used.) Kinda like when you can't agree to a legal contract if you are drunk because the alcohol may have influenced your thinking.

Super-citation-needed-allegedly.
[/quote]

"Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile" aka statutory rape.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 01:59:15 am »
So, are you saying the boy was raped even if he doesn't feel that he was raped?

Why not let the teen speak for himself, and decide? Instead of speaking for him and deciding he was violated for him.

And there's also the fact age of consent is lower or higher in different places. Are you saying he's raped if he's in one state, and suddenly un-raped if he's in a different state?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:01:58 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 02:31:39 am »

Pretty much, and that's a good thing.
The reason for the all encompassing statutory rape laws is that you can have situations where the minor is completely unaware of the consequences of their actions. they may perceive it as a fun activity without realizing that they are being sexually abused and taken advantage of. It becomes more of a grey area as the minor reaches their late teens, but its better to assume that a teenager makes stupid decisions than to hope they were truly capable of giving consent.

It is entirely likely that this kid wanted this, and was happy to have managed to have a threesome, but it does not change the fact that first off the teachers should have known better, and secondly they committed statutory rape. The consent, eagerness, or willing participation is irrelevant. A teenager is not considered capable of providing consent and hence the onus is entirely on the part of the teachers.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 02:54:28 am »

Pretty much, and that's a good thing.

Moral panic, engage!

The reason for the all encompassing statutory rape laws is that you can have situations where the minor is completely unaware of the consequences of their actions. they may perceive it as a fun activity without realizing that they are being sexually abused and taken advantage of. It becomes more of a grey area as the minor reaches their late teens, but its better to assume that a teenager makes stupid decisions than to hope they were truly capable of giving consent.

That's not something that changes the day they turn 18. Why aren't you just as angry when older adults do this to an 18-year-old?

The consent, eagerness, or willing participation is irrelevant. A teenager is not considered capable of providing consent and hence the onus is entirely on the part of the teachers.

We have a pretty good idea what the law says, and no, this particular case the article mentioned happened when he was 17, which is the age of consent in Louisiana law. It's at best mind-numbingly redundant if you're going to restate what the law says, but you additionaly seem to think this law is a good moral framework and an accurate reflection of maturity. I don't know of a switch in peoples' heads that magically flips when they turn 18 (or 17 or 16, apparently maturity depends on which state you live in). We're talking about what society *should* do, not what legislation compels them to do; legality and morality are not the same here.

The article doesn't say if the student claims he was raped. If so, I take back the jokes, but I'm not going to give into your moral panic before I have a clearer idea of what's going on.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 03:49:06 am »
Ironchew get your head out of your ass for just one fucking second and take a look at this case ok?  It really doesn't matter if the kid says he was raped.  The law does.  A law that's very clear cut in this case.  Now did he manipulate the two women, not sure.  If he did, he's a scum bag of the highest order.  If he didn't and these two decided to fuck him, then they need to be persecuted.

Ironbite-though judging by his reactions to this, I'd say he was in a relationship with one of them and somehow hooked the other.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:36 am »
Prisoners have affairs with guards and in those cases they may be willing participants but those are specifically forbidden and not merely because of the consent issue. Though the cosent issue is fishy in there as well since the guards have power over the prisoners and can coerce them or punish them.

(In prisoner/guard relationships the power issue is also of great importance. A prisoner may, and often have, abuse the relationship to gain illegal favours from the guard.)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:28 am »
Ironchew get your head out of your ass for just one fucking second and take a look at this case ok?  It really doesn't matter if the kid says he was raped.  The law does.  A law that's very clear cut in this case.  Now did he manipulate the two women, not sure.  If he did, he's a scum bag of the highest order.  If he didn't and these two decided to fuck him, then they need to be persecuted.

Ironbite-though judging by his reactions to this, I'd say he was in a relationship with one of them and somehow hooked the other.

And...why does the law demand our respect for its opinion? I certainly don't see a reason for its opinion to be valid in this case.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 05:20:53 am »
And then we get cases like this: http://www.alternet.org/gender/louisiana-parish-claims-incarcerated-14-year-old-consented-be-raped-corrections-officer

Which also happened in Louisiana!

...Well there are the major differences of her being younger than the boy in the first case AND she was a prisoner, but the point stands that even if she had "consented" it would not legally count as consent because of her age, immaturity and the fact that she was a prisoner.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:31 am »
The real question is where are the Tumblrinas demanding justice for the two poor female teachers RAPED by this CISMAN-BEAST.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:58 am »
And then we get cases like this: http://www.alternet.org/gender/louisiana-parish-claims-incarcerated-14-year-old-consented-be-raped-corrections-officer

Which also happened in Louisiana!

...Well there are the major differences of her being younger than the boy in the first case AND she was a prisoner, but the point stands that even if she had "consented" it would not legally count as consent because of her age, immaturity and the fact that she was a prisoner.

I think the fact that she was a prisoner makes this 100 times worse.  Teachers don't the kind of power over students that prison guards have over their prisoners. 

And that clown who said "These girls in the detention center are not little miss muffin" can fuck him/herself. 

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 12:24:14 pm »
To all the people joking (or not) about the boy being traumatized/lucky/whatever: I expected better of you.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:32 pm »
To all the self-righteous blowhards: stuff it.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 12:32:09 pm »
Because I've seen it so many times before, even on FSTDT before the forums migrated here. No matter whether the younger party was technically above the age of consent or not, if they're under 18, then a story about a teenage girl having sex with an older man will always be slanted as if she was raped, especially if the man was in a position of authority such as a teacher or work superior. This will even be the case if the girl explicitly says she wasn't raped and refuses to cooperate with investigators.

Meanwhile, few people see anything wrong with older women screwing teenage boys. Even if it's not how you would react, I think the general attitude of this thread would be MUCH more condemnatory if it was two male teachers with a female student.

Women are more likely to be raped than men (and men are more likely to be rapists than women). If you have a situation where it's not clear if it was rape or not*, then the genders of the people involved provides relevant information that can skew the probability one way or another. If we assume the cases where consent is dubious have roughly the same distribution than the cases where we know there was lack of consent, then the natural expectation is that more cases of ambiguous consent with a female victim are rape than the cases with a male victim.

And I'm sure someone will choose to interpret this as "Sigma thinks men can't be raped/women can't be rapists!". I'm going to explicitly disclaim that this is not what I'm saying. The obvious fact is that non-consensual sex is wrong regardless of the genders of the people involved. The non-obvious part is whether the sex was actually non-consensual.

*In the sense of "no consent", not in the sense of "sex with a minor".
Σא