Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 65116 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2016, 04:08:20 am »
So, basically a literal rehash of the factors that led to the rise of Adolf Hitler.

Except now the fascist strongman has even worse hair, no real personality, and going by his platform, he wants to triple the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency's strength and capabilities and "broaden their ability to deal with illegal immigrants".

Really, Donald? You're going with ICE as your Schutzstaffel?

Waffen ICE just sounds silly.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2016, 08:45:52 am »
You've been ICE'd has a pretty good ring to it.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2016, 02:47:47 pm »
So, basically a literal rehash of the factors that led to the rise of Adolf Hitler.

Except now the fascist strongman has even worse hair, no real personality, and going by his platform, he wants to triple the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency's strength and capabilities and "broaden their ability to deal with illegal immigrants".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vuUfnTEkg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vuUfnTEkg</a>

"It’s exciting watching footage of Donald Trump’s rallies, thinking, 'Ooh! This will be in a documentary in 20 years' time with ominous music on it, and here’s me watching it live.'"

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2016, 04:48:39 pm »

> implying that's not already the purpose of ICE

Copyright infringement can get you in trouble with ICE. They're the spooks in the night who can make you disappear -- spooks who are granted a wide range of powers from ignorant xenophobes, and you can bet the Obama administration already allows them to run rampant.

Any supervillain with a brain would use ICE to orchestrate another extermination program in the U.S. The agency would only need minimal repurposing if any.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2016, 06:03:16 pm »

He'll never actually follow through. Both conservative politicians and rich people love having illegals around. Conservative politicians to win some easy support from the yokels and distract the bleeding hearts on the other side of the fence from any other issues, and rich people because they're the next best thing to slaves. Conservatives promise to actually deport illegals then never do it pretty much every election cycle for this very reason.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2016, 07:28:30 pm »
You are forgetting that Trump is deciding his role in history is to be the next Hitler. He WILL do something to the illegal immigrants and ICE is going to play a role in that.

Just a question given ironchew's analysis of them...do they have ominously dark outfits and spiffy hats?

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »
You are forgetting that Trump is deciding his role in history is to be the next Hitler. He WILL do something to the illegal immigrants and ICE is going to play a role in that.
Hey, just because you're obsessed with Nazis doesn't mean everyone else is. Not to mention, deporting illegal immigrants is not even remotely comparable to Hitler in the first place, but I digress.

But no, Trump has been trying to run for president based on whatever he thinks is popular at the time for the last 16 years. He's not a fascist, he's an opportunist. He likely figured that courting the teabagger crowd that the Republican party has been trying to distance itself from in recent years was a great way to get some easy support, and it would seem he figured correctly. It's safe to say any election promises he makes are completely meaningless (or at least even more so).

Don't get me wrong, a Trump presidency would be a very bad thing. But not because he'd be fascist, but rather because he'd be a plutocrat. Basically, more handouts to the rich at the expense of everyone else. In other words, a typical Republican, though maybe a little more extreme.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:38:18 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2016, 08:41:16 am »

He'll never actually follow through. Both conservative politicians and rich people love having illegals around. Conservative politicians to win some easy support from the yokels and distract the bleeding hearts on the other side of the fence from any other issues, and rich people because they're the next best thing to slaves. Conservatives promise to actually deport illegals then never do it pretty much every election cycle for this very reason.

He might follow through if he figures out how many people are sitting in prison doing nothing that could be made to work.

If there aren't enough of them it could be followed with the welfare bums who are also sitting around doing nothing that could be made to work.

If there aren't enough of them it could be followed with the working poor who are obviously spending too much time sitting around doing nothing that could be made to work more.

There's lots of domestic slave labour to exploit and unfortunately, it would be very Republican to exploit them. The danger with a him being a populist and opportunist is that wind filling his sails is already blowing in this direction and could quickly get out of control.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:32 am »
*knock knock*
"ICE to see you!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2016, 10:39:40 am »
*knock knock*
"ICE to see you!"
Am I the only one imagining this spoken in a thick Austrian accent?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2016, 01:37:34 pm »
*knock knock*
"ICE to see you!"
Am I the only one imagining this spoken in a thick Austrian accent?

...No.
"ICE-age cometh!"

...Freeze in hell Batman!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:45:40 pm by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2016, 03:35:09 pm »
What killed the dinosaurs?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Canadian Mojo

• The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2016, 05:04:14 pm »

Niche overspecialization.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2016, 05:17:20 pm »

An asteroid.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »
Nothing. They're called "birds" nowadays.
He might follow through if he figures out how many people are sitting in prison doing nothing that could be made to work.

If there aren't enough of them it could be followed with the welfare bums who are also sitting around doing nothing that could be made to work.

If there aren't enough of them it could be followed with the working poor who are obviously spending too much time sitting around doing nothing that could be made to work more.

There's lots of domestic slave labour to exploit and unfortunately, it would be very Republican to exploit them. The danger with a him being a populist and opportunist is that wind filling his sails is already blowing in this direction and could quickly get out of control.
Sure, he could, but those people are all American citizens and therefore subject to any existing legal protections. It would take far longer than the 8 years tops that trump would have as president to get them on the same level as illegals. That's to say nothing of what the supreme court might have to say about it.

Illegals, on the other hand, no such issues. Just have law enforcement continue to deliberately not deport them and you're golden. Suddenly you don't have to worry one bit about all those pesky minimum wage and workplace safety laws.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:22:19 pm by Art Vandelay »