Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387263 times)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2985 on: April 20, 2019, 05:22:35 pm »
I'm not entirely sure myself. There are a lot of people who are hardcore Trump devotees (or at least act like it) for one reason or another, but unless he massively restructured the Justice Department and I wasn't aware of it, I don't get why they seem to be going all in to defend him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:30:34 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2986 on: April 20, 2019, 06:14:32 pm »
Remember, when Sessions recused himself with regard to the Mueller probe, Trump said he no longer had an Attorney General.

He's convinced that the Department of Justice exists to protect him. Anyone who wants to keep their job in this administration knows they have to toady up to Trump, and anyone who doesn't--even if it means following flagrantly illegal orders for which they would be personally responsible, even if they'd already done any number of horrific things at his command, such as Kirstjen Nielsen--gets fired.

It's a matter of self-preservation.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2987 on: April 20, 2019, 06:23:17 pm »
I don't know why they bend over backwards to protect this asshole so much.

He knows, or at least has been told, where the skeletons are.  And the GOP has a lot of bad shit that'll probably cause anyone who still supports them run screaming into the hills.

Ironbite-it's got to be so bad that Turtle et al do not want getting out.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2988 on: April 22, 2019, 03:41:04 am »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1120093671356022785

well this shits been getting passed around twitter. the dems are the real crooks now!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2989 on: April 22, 2019, 08:04:27 am »
So him obstructing justice is now a crime done by the democrats? What logic hoops did he jump through to get to that one?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2990 on: April 22, 2019, 10:36:24 am »
So him obstructing justice is now a crime done by the democrats? What logic hoops did he jump through to get to that one?

The kind he eats for breakfast every morning.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2991 on: April 22, 2019, 10:48:28 am »
Clearly, the Democrats aren't letting him make America great again.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2992 on: April 22, 2019, 02:18:28 pm »
Clearly, the Democrats aren't letting him make America great again.

The pre-Civil Rights Act, pre-Voting Rights Act Democrats would have!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llzoItQgLOQ

Amy Goodman: "Explain President Trump to us, and assess the massive response to him."

Noam Chomsky: "Well, Trump is, a, you know, I think there are a number of illusions about Trump. If you take a look at the Trump phenomenon, it's not very surprising. Think back for the last, um, ten or fifteen years, over Republican party primaries, and remember what happened during the primaries.

"Each primary, when some candidate rose from the base, they were so outlandish that the Republican establishment tried to crush them--and succeeded in doing it, Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum--anyone who was coming out of the base was totally unacceptable to the establishment. The change in 2016 is they couldn't crush him, but the interesting question is why was this happening? Why in election after election was the voting base producing a candidate utterly intolerable to the establishment?

"And the answer to that is, if you think about that, the answer's not very hard to discover. During the, since the 1970s, during this neoliberal period, both of the political parties have shifted to the right. The Democrats, by the 1970s, pretty much abandoned the working class. The last gasp of more or less progressive Democratic Party legislative proposals was the Humphrey-Hawkins Full Employment Act in 1978, which Carter watered down so that it had no teeth, just became voluntary. But the Democrats had pretty much abandoned the working class, they became pretty much what used to be called 'moderate Republicans'.

"Meanwhile the Republicans shifted so far to the right that they went completely off the spectrum. Two of the leading political analysts of the American Enterprise Institute, Thomas Mann, Norman Ornstein, about five or ten years ago described the Republican Party as a, what they called a 'radical insurgency that has abandoned Parliamentary politics'. Well, why did that happen? It happened because the Republicans face a difficult problem: they have a primary constituency, a real constituency, extreme wealth and corporate power. That's who they have to serve. That's their constituency. You can't get votes that way. So you have to do something else to get the votes.

"What do you do to get votes? This was begun by Richard Nixon with the Southern Strategy--try to pick up racists in the South. The mid-1970s, Paul Weyrich, one of the Republicans' strategists, hit on a brilliant idea: Northern Catholics voted Democratic, tended to vote Democratic, a lot of them working-class. The Republicans could pick up that vote by pretending--crucially, pretending--to be opposed to abortion. By the same pretense, they could pick up the evangelical vote. Those are big votes. Evangelicals, Northern Catholics.

"Notice the word 'pretense'--it's crucial. You go back to the 1960s, every leading Republican figure was strongly what we call now pro-choice. The Republican Party position was, that's Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and all the leadership, their position was, abortion is not the government's business. It's private business, government has nothing to say about it. They turned almost on a dime in order to try to pick up a voting base on what are called 'cultural issues'. Same with gun rights. Gun rights become a matter of holy writ because you can pick up part of the population that way. In fact, what they've done is put together a coalition of voters based on issues that are basically unac--you know, tolerable to the establishment, but they don't like it, okay? And they've got to hold that to--those two constituencies together, the real constituency of wealth and corporate power, they're taken care of by the actual legislation. So if you look at the legislation under Trump, it's just lavish gifts to the wealth and the corporate sector. The tax bill, the deregulation, every case in point. That's kind of the job of Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, those guys. They serve the real constituency.

"Meanwhile, Trump has to maintain the voting constituency with one outrageous position after another that appeals to some sector of the voting base. And he's doing it very skillfully. Just as a political manipulation, it's skillful. Work for the rich and the powerful, shaft everybody else, but get their votes. That's not a small--it's not an easy trick, and he's carrying it off, and I should say the Democrats are helping him. They are.

"Take the focus on 'Russiagate'. What's that all about? And it was pretty obvious at the beginning that you're not going to find anything very serious about Russian interference in elections. For one thing, it's undetectable. In the 2016 election, the Senate and the House went the same way as the executive, but nobody claims there was Russian interference there. In fact, Russian interference in the election, if it existed, was very slight, much less, say, than the interference by, say, Israel. Israel, the Prime Minister, Netanyahu, goes to Congress, talks to a joint session of Congress without even informing the White House to attack Obama's policies. And that's dramatic interference with elections. Not whatever the Russians tried, it's not going to be anything like that.

"In fact, there's no interference in elections that begins to compare with campaign funding. Remember that campaign funding alone gives you a very high prediction of election--electoral outcome. It's, again, Tom Ferguson's major work, which has shown this very persuasively. That's massive interference in elections. Anything the Russians might have done is gonna be, y'know, peanuts in compared. As far as Trump collusion with the Russians, that was never gonna amount to anything more than minor corruption, maybe building a Trump hotel in Red Square or something like that, but nothing of any significance.

"The Democrats invested everything in this issue. Well, turned out there was nothing much there, they gave Trump a huge gift. In fact, they may have handed him the next election. That's just a--that's a matter of being so inof--unwilling to deal with fundamental issues that they're looking for something on the side that'll somehow give political success."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:00:46 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2993 on: April 29, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »
So let's look at some high lights from Trumps campaign rally speech in Wisconsin.

"But can you imagine any of these people up here doing what I'm doing? They'd be 200 people show up if they were president. If they were president, nobody would show up."

Our President speaking like a lobotomy patient.

"We had 69,000 people sign up to come in. What does this place hold? Like 10,000 or 12,000 or whatever. Whatever it holds. We set the record."

He seems to care more about how many people are at his rallies than saying anything of substance.

"That's always dangerous. He said, 'Yes, it is, sir.' It's always dangerous. Yes. You ask like, 'No, sir.' I'm dead. They will take -- they will take that answer. That'll be headlines."

I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about here.

"The USMCA like the song 'YMCA,' right?"

Yes he actually said this.

"Can you believe I'm a politician? I can't even."

No I can't.

"You know, Canada, we love the song,'Oh Canada.' Let's sing, 'Oh Canada,' right. We love the show."

What the fuck is he talking about?

"This I don't -- I tell you what, you know, people say, 'Oh, he wants to take over the country. He wants to extend."

Please don't

"If you look at what's happened with the scum that's leaving the very top of government."

You mean the people you hired to work for you? Those people?

"I mean we're draining the swamp, but are we having a good time or what?"

Are you draining the swamp? I mean is hiring people and firing them what qualifies as "draining the swamp?"

"And look at all those beautiful red hats and some white ones. Some white. Look at that. Those are -- that's a lot of red hats. But you do have the white ones too, right? And you have the black ones, too. You have a lot of them. You have a lot of different hats."

The leader of the free world ladies and gentlemen.

"Ronald Reagan used seldom Let's Make America Great. Close, but not the same. Let's -- apostrophe S. You don't want the apostrophe. It's too complicated. It doesn't work. But Ronald Reagan was good. He said let's make -- but he didn't use it. He used it a little bit. We seriously use it, right?"

Who cares?

"Because I have a couple of friends here. They're pretty wealthy people, very successful people. And you know what? The hell with them. I don't care."

What?

"To confront the border crisis, I declared a national emergency. The good news is everybody agrees."

No they don't

"They are aggressively pushing extreme late-term abortion, allowing children to be ripped from their mother's womb. The baby is born. The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

This is the most dangerous and fucking despicable lie out of this administration so far. Someone is going to get killed.

"Together with the great and proud people of Wisconsin, we will make America wealthy again."

For yourself.

I can't fucking believe that people stood in an auditorium, listened to him say this shit. (Look it up on CNN they have most of the transcript there), and viewed it as some sort of intelligent, meaningful dialog, and said yeah that's the man that needs to be president for another four years. Not, man Grandpa's mind seems to be going maybe we should put him in a home. Nothing he said sounded rational or well thought out.
But what is scary is the crazy bullshit that he throws in there about abortions. What he has said in the past has lead to consequences and we've now seen a rise in right domestic terrorism that have been results from shit he's said. Including two plans to assassinate democratic political leaders. Just today there was a terror plot stopped in Los Angeles that was targeting Jewish minorities. I am not going to be surprised if abortion clinics are going to see a rise in terrorism against them, and Trump will say nothing about these things because these are his voters.

Fuck man.

G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2994 on: April 29, 2019, 10:15:39 pm »
I'm just glad the piece of shit didn't fuck my commute home from work on Saturday.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2995 on: April 30, 2019, 12:52:30 am »
God I'm laughing so hard his tangents are so self aggrandizing and bizarre. It's wild.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2996 on: April 30, 2019, 12:57:47 am »
Our President talks like a senile dementia patient raving at phantoms only he can see.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2997 on: May 01, 2019, 08:32:18 am »
Donald Trump knows what an apostrophe is, that's out of character.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #2998 on: May 09, 2019, 06:03:13 pm »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2999 on: May 09, 2019, 06:57:57 pm »
Oh boy.  Can't wait for him to go after Hilary for...something.

Ironbite-he is just an idiot.