Author Topic: What’s going on with fstdt.com?  (Read 23067 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: What’s going on with fstdt.com?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 06:19:12 pm »
Going to try a PM to SomeApe too.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »
Seems the RationalWiki page lists FSTDT as defunct now. And it being down for this long feels like to worst has come to pass. Someone might have to start from scratch.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 09:38:44 pm »
Well it's not fully defunct cause the forums are still here. I wonder what happened? Who's in charge over there?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 10:29:15 pm »
I think someone got a bit overzealous over there.  It's still being asked about in the Saloon Bar area over there.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Saloon_bar#FSTDT

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 09:56:58 pm »
I’m not sure if it is good news but Fstdt now says “Service Unavailable” instead of server error. Perhaps that means that someone is working on fixing the site.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 01:16:55 am »
I’m not sure if it is good news but Fstdt now says “Service Unavailable” instead of server error. Perhaps that means that someone is working on fixing the site.

I was just going to post the exact same thing.  I'm going to take it as a good sign.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2018, 09:04:02 am »
I spoke too soon.  It’s back to what it was doing before.  Damn.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 11:23:37 pm »
If Shy felt like shutting the site down, he would have told us!

HEY; SHY! COME OVER HERE AND EXPLAIN STUFF!

Another piece of the puzzle perhaps.

He and shy are the only higher ups I know of.

Why would they just up and leave. If the site was shutting down for good; They would've warned us and told us and come here and explain everything!

Are they in danger? Were they killed? WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!

WE need someone with mad cyber/hacking/investigation skills to get to the nitty gritty to find out where those two are!

WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW! THIS IS JUST RUDE!

I hope so; Because if Shy planned on shutting it down forever, they would've told us.

The site was going strong and very active and it's popular.

Shy could at least come here and EXPLAIN!

I even went to to the FSTDT Facebook Page and the main one is down, too.

Why would Shy just shut down everything without warning and not bother to explain everything? Why just shut it all down and disappear?

I think something happened to Shy that involved the worst trolling, doxxing and cyberbullying imaginable! The abusers were so good that they forced him to get everything off the Internet or else they would literally kill him and his loved ones.

Another theory may be far-fetched but I needs to be heard....
Maybe Shy was actually a Far-Right mole playing a long-game. An Alt-Reich piece of SHIT with incredible patience who joined, posted for a long time, won our trust, became the new webmaster, then, without warning....SHUT IT ALL DOWN!

I have a plan! We need to yammer all over the internet about how Shy was an Alt-Reich Saboteur. The point is....if Shy is actually innocent....to smoke Shy out!

Shy will have NO CHOICE but to explain WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:11:24 am by Barbarella »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 02:32:25 am »
Hey Barb,

I think you should:

a) Take some deep breaths:
b) put the crack pipe down:
c) take your pants off your head;
d) re-read what you've just written;
e) take some time to think about what you've proposed being both the most crazy and least helpful response you could possibly propose;
f) stay calm and wait until there is actually some information.

seriously though stay off the drugs (other than those you've been prescribed).

Art Vandelay

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 02:36:27 am »
Still, nary a single mention of the Age of Dwamalamadingdong. Maybe she is slowly but surely finding her marbles after all?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 03:20:06 am »
well those are marbles that have been pretty well scattered.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 09:01:04 am »
The current leading theory is that Shy's going through some intense personal issues making caring for the site a distant objective to more immediate, pressing matters.  Though, there still should've been a backup handler in case something like this came up.  A note for the future, to be sure.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:45 am »
Barbarella's a major contributor to FSTDT.  She's upset and her venting is understandable.  I too am frustrated but doing my best to contain it.

I remember when shy took this place over from distind; I was relieved that there was someone stepping forward to keep it going because I think this site's important and serves a function.  It was good that distind wasn't going to simply let it die but offer it to someone else.  I don't know shy's situation so can't speak to it, but IF he's feeling he can't run it anymore there should be a passing of the torch of some kind, or at least a NOTIFICATION that there needs to be a passing of the torch OR ELSE the board will not continue.

I share Barbarella's frustration with it just disappearing one day and then there being no news or any updates.

Maybe the forum area could be used as a means to find out who'd be willing to take it over, or at least help shy out.  I know zero about programming but if I can help in other ways I would.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 10:57:47 am »
I confess that what I said was UTTERLY DERANGED BEYOND BELIEF (especially the weird idea of 'Shy was a secret saboteur') but I was frustrated. Why couldn't Shy warn people? Why can't Shy explain himself and interact with us?

It's like one day; Shy decided to shut down everything-FSTDT and disappear into the twelfth dimension for no reason whatsoever.

How stupid does one have to be to not warn people or tell others the job is too much? Y'shouldn't have taken it if it was OBVIOUSLY going to be a big thing!

It's rude! Just rude!

So, no; Shy isn't a jerk or a secret Far-Right saboteur....Shy's just a well-meaning but impulsive idiot who assumes we're all psychic.

The current leading theory is that Shy's going through some intense personal issues making caring for the site a distant objective to more immediate, pressing matters.  Though, there still should've been a backup handler in case something like this came up.  A note for the future, to be sure.

I'd imagine that's the case. Probably something so sudden and devastating that Shy had no time to warn us or explain anything.

Heck; Shy could be dead for all we know. Maybe Shy's got badly hurt or their home was destroyed by a natural disaster and that's why they're not answering.

Maybe Shy was actually an undocumented immigrant or a "Dreamer" and asshole Orange Monster had had Shy deported! Shy can't answer us because they're in Mexico and destitute and in a very bad place!

When did the site go down. Maybe I can look at what was going on on the news that day. Maybe there was a big disaster or shooting or something and Shy was one of the known victims!

If that's the case then I apologize for calling Shy a "rude idiot".

8) WE NEED AN INTERNET PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR TO INVESTIGATE, PROBE, HACK, WHATEVER, TO FIND OUT WHAT THE STORY IS. 8)

8) WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW. 8)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:10:42 am by Barbarella »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2018, 12:57:39 pm »
Well before I was taking new medications for my mental health, I had a mental breakdown there. Maybe someone told me to kill myself or threatened to kill me, so Shy took the site down. Perhaps he is editing the site so that people who say threatening comments are able to be blocked.