Author Topic: The war in Syria is changing  (Read 6142 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: The war in Syria is changing
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 10:39:16 am »
I'm sure that won't be taken up in the Senate.

What bills have the House passed that HAVE been taken up by the Senate?  Moscow Mitch's plan is for nothing to happen for the next two years, and then run on "The Dem House hasn't done anything but impeachment because they're incompetent!"

And he hopes no one will remember his boasting about being "the Grim Reaper of the Senate"...

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 04:17:00 pm »
So now some dude named Al Qurashi has taken the helm of ISIS. ISIS didn't die with Baghdadi and will continue to be a nuisance in that area of the world. At least the death of Bin Laden was symbolic. ISIS is a never ending battle.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 10:12:02 pm »
I'm sure that won't be taken up in the Senate.

What bills have the House passed that HAVE been taken up by the Senate?  Moscow Mitch's plan is for nothing to happen for the next two years, and then run on "The Dem House hasn't done anything but impeachment because they're incompetent!"

And he hopes no one will remember his boasting about being "the Grim Reaper of the Senate"...

I think it was, specifically, the "Grim Reaper of progressive policies".

But, I mean, the Senate took up that War Powers Act resolution on Yemen. Trump vetoed it, since he's A-OK with genocide as long as the people doing it are putting money in his pocket, but they did put that on his desk.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2019, 03:16:49 am »
But, I mean, the Senate took up that War Powers Act resolution on Yemen. Trump vetoed it, since he's A-OK with genocide as long as the people doing it are putting money in his pocket, but they did put that on his desk.

Moscow Mitch lets bills he knows will fail pass to Trump so Trump can veto them and then Mitch can shrug and say "Well, we tried"...

Moscow Mitch has zero interest in actually passing anything.  Even when the Republicans had the House too, they passed exactly one bill in two years.