Author Topic: Ask Sandman  (Read 48716 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Ask Sandman
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »
A Lab or a Retriever.

You forgot the “And Why?” part.
-A Pen Name

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:17 pm »
Because I am a heterosexual male, and therefore can not own any dog smaller than a suitcase. I am a sane human being, and therefore can not own any dog that has ever been described on the news as a "perpetrator." I do not own a dog food factory, and therefore can not own any dog larger than a normal sized Korean woman. I have a sense of style, and therefore can not own any dog that has skin bigger than it's body. I am "too old for this shit," and therefore can not own any dog that requires more grooming than your average sullen teenage "Smashing Pumpkins" fan. I am not foolish or lazy, and therefore can not own any dog whose primary occupations are shitting and sleeping.

Labs and Retrievers are the only dogs left. Although I guess a Huskie might work too.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »
Huskieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Excellent choice, my first dog was a huskie...I miss her so.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:02 pm »
My question was ignored

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »
Missed your post, IB. I have to admit that I don't know what that is.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

QueenofHearts

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2012, 09:10:30 pm »
What is your craziest drunken story that you are comfortable telling us?

Which do you most can't the least?

Also, was this a good 800th post?

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »
Every post of yours is a good post :D

Wait, this isn't the Praise Thread, is it?  Oops!  :-[

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »
Should I get lab rats or a snake or bolth?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »
YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!

Ironbite-*runs off crying*

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »
Once when I was on leave from base, the lads and I decided to show up for a meet-n-greet by Charles, Prince of Wales. (This was, oh, it must have been '71? '72? Somewhere around then.) The Prince was running late, so we decided to pass the time in the local pub, and when he finally showed, we were, shall we say, knackered. At first we didn't think they would let us in the queue seeing as how we were clearly inebriated, but apparently the English can't tell the difference between a drunk Scot and a sober one and waved us on through.

We pull ourselves together and line up (in full kit, you understand) to get our handshake and obligatory, "Thanks for your service" platitude. I was having none of it. My intention was to give the Prince a "piece of my mind." (Despite my mates insisting I had no pieces I could spare.) I do not remember what it was I was annoyed at the Prince for, so don't ask.

My turn comes along and the Prince reaches out and grasps my hand, smiling vacantly and looking at me without seeing me. This irritates me even more, so I decide to get his, as I later phrased it, "fookin' attention."

So I kiss him. Full on the mouth.

Security jumps in, pulls me back, and I get turned over to my Sgt Maj, who was present. It was an hour's drive back to base and the Sgt Maj did not stop laughing the entire time. I wound up with twelve weeks extra duty and, I'm not kidding, had to write a letter of apology to the Prince.

Two weeks later I get an envelope from him. It contains a form letter and a "signed" photo inscribed, "Best Wishes, Charles, Prince of Wales."

I still have the picture.

"Which do you most can't the least?" I'm afraid I'm not following you there.

Yes. Yes it was. Because you reminded me of a story that made me smile, and smiles are in short supply on my face recently.

Neither. Get a cat.

I'm sorry, IB. Perhaps you could tell me what that is? I am old, after all.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »
Yeah, that was definitely a good post, your story is pure win.  ;D

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »
If I remember correctly, the Sgt Maj laughed so hard he gave himself a hernia and would up on medical leave for a fortnight.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:57 am »
Any plans to snog the Queen?

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 01:17:22 am »
As a fellow Bonnie Scotsman, what's your clan?
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:13 am »
I know it was directed at Sandman, but my family's a sept of the Clan Maclaren.