Author Topic: What Do You Love About FSTDT?  (Read 4043 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
What Do You Love About FSTDT?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:41:39 pm »
So there's been drama recently in various threads. People have gotten angry, and some people have even left. We a had a whole thread made to talk about how much people on here annoy us.

That made me think. We all get into fights and arguments here pretty much constantly, but we come back. We're still members of these forums. Something, maybe not the same thing for every person but something, draws us here and keeps us around.

What is it for you? What do you really enjoy about these forums and this community?

For me, it's the support. No matter what we've argued over, no matter what words get tossed around, when the shit hits the fan in a member's life, other members are there with words of love and sympathy. When the chips are down, we seem to lock in together. I consider many of you friends, because you've been there when I needed one.

So, what is it for you? What do you like here? Compliments and shout-outs are fine, as are anecdotes and simple personal joys. Just... no fighting, not in this thread. World's got enough of that already.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Art Vandelay

Re: What Do You Love About FSTDT?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:47:04 pm »
That made me think. We all get into fights and arguments here pretty much constantly, but we come back. We're still members of these forums. Something, maybe not the same thing for every person but something, draws us here and keeps us around.
For me? Finding a new internet hangout would take effort.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:54:49 pm »
You guys are one of the few friends I have in this world. (Yes that is as sad as it sounds) You help me come to terms with being a bisexual and help me come to terms with being transgender. You guys helped me get past my mom's death. I hope this rough patch were going through passes and we can get back to seeing each other as friends.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »
I love when people burst randomly into song.

Boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada, boom-de-yay...
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:10:15 pm »
That this is a great place to hang out, and I find all of you guys to be friends. Also sorry to sound like a dumbass, but who left now?? I missed the drama.

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »
I know I'm new here and I don't come here that often, but you guys were kind of a perfect fit for me, as bizarre as that may sound. There's probably like, one of you guys that I don't enjoy the company of, but overall, everyone here seems to be fine. I tend to ignore the drama anyways. I've faced far too much of it online to possibly let it get to me anymore. I refuse to take part in it these days, especially when I had a close group of online friends spiral out of control and get themselves banned on a forum we frequented thanks to some douchebag stirring up drama 3 months ago or so. To think we trusted that prick... But that's what I mean. Even if I'm always going to be bitter towards that person, I don't want to feel that way about others anymore, and I don't want them having some sort of grudge against me in the future. And those who do, well, fuck 'em. I learned, and I don't want to see them again, even if they have to be in my presence every fucking day. But yeah, I'll be sticking around here because you guys seem great, and I wouldn't want to fuck that up.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50:31 am »
That this is a great place to hang out, and I find all of you guys to be friends. Also sorry to sound like a dumbass, but who left now?? I missed the drama.

I think he means drama in general.

I just find most of the people here interesting.  I crave discussion with the people here, even when I fight with them.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:54:43 am »
I like all'a y'all.

Even the yankees.

Seriously though, I do like the sheer variety of people here, and the fact that when worst comes to worst, we've got each-other's backs.  Even if we don't always agree about everything (Who wants a forum like that anyway?).

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:57 am »
I like all'a y'all.

Even the yankees.

Seriously though, I do like the sheer variety of people here, and the fact that when worst comes to worst, we've got each-other's backs.  Even if we don't always agree about everything (Who wants a forum like that anyway?).

Rapture Ready?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 01:05:50 am »
Well... I wasn't gonna name names... ;)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 01:09:38 am »
I like all'a y'all.

Even the yankees.

Rapture Ready?

I thought we all agreed that RR was a hive mind?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:13 am »
Well I like you all because you're smart, this forum is basically able to get along without a bunch of clap trap and hey...some of you are damn hotties.

Ironbite-and I've got my fishing rod out.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:33 am »
I like all'a y'all.

Even the yankees.

Rapture Ready?

I thought we all agreed that RR was a hive mind?

That would imply the presence of a mind.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 05:43:49 am »
People here are a hell of a lot nicer than some of the other boards I go to.  Redheaded Thursday doesn't hurt either.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:07 am »

The Old Guard of FSTDT, Gyeo, Smurfette, Miles (for a while). Heaps.

I love the fact that I have been here for years. Every other forum just doesnt ive been to doesnt have the broad spectrum of topics and randomness as this place
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.