Author Topic: Iowa: The Anti-Puppy State  (Read 10105 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Iowa: The Anti-Puppy State
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 09:05:30 am »
I don't think this thread is helping our claims of being more sane and rational than our opponents.

Perhaps, but animal cruelty just especially presses our rage-hate buttons.

With how many posts we've had detailing the various depraved methods of torture our members would like to inflict, I think we've gone past "rage-hate" into "serial killer."

That, or you're being -really- oversensitive to people being extremely pissed off, and rightfully fuckin so, about a man beating a fucking puppy to death.  Its perfectly normal for people with, ya know, actual god damned hearts to be furious about that kinda shit.  Here's a mental exercise for ya: change out the puppy for a 3 week-old infant.  Its the same thing, reaction-wise.

You're conflating aggressive thoughts and venting one's emotions in a much safer environment and manner with actually having the will and/or desire to ACT on those thoughts in the real world.  PROTIP: pretty much everyone has the former, and damn near no one has the latter outside real serial killers.

I'm furious at this bullshit, and I don't take kindly to being labelled a serial killer.  My school did that when I drew stupid shit like angry stick figure wars and crap, and I didn't take it then, I'll not let someone like you do it, either.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:07:30 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:30 am »
Stick figure wars?  Wow, I did that too.  They'd kill each other in all manner of stick-deathy ways.  It's more fun to do with a friend.  Teachers didn't care.  Though that was a different time.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 12:22:07 pm »
I remember stick man wars. I used to draw stick man death mazes with my friends where the stick men had to navigate an entire page of incredibly lethal obstacles. The few times my teachers saw them, they usually thought it was funny/imaginative. You must have had teachers with no sense of humour, Ravynous.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »
Did everyone here draw stick figure wars as a kid? I don't know how it got started, maybe the older boys taught us? How far spread is this phenomenom?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 04:50:28 pm »
Maybe it comes all the way from caveman days...?  I can picture it.  Ugg drawing a stick figure then Grog making a big brain splatter by drawing a stick figure hitting Ugg's stick figure's head with a club.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »
I don't think this thread is helping our claims of being more sane and rational than our opponents.

With how many posts we've had detailing the various depraved methods of torture our members would like to inflict, I think we've gone past "rage-hate" into "serial killer."

That, or you're being -really- oversensitive to people being extremely pissed off, and rightfully fuckin so, about a man beating a fucking puppy to death.  Its perfectly normal for people with, ya know, actual god damned hearts to be furious about that kinda shit.  Here's a mental exercise for ya: change out the puppy for a 3 week-old infant.  Its the same thing, reaction-wise.

You're conflating aggressive thoughts and venting one's emotions in a much safer environment and manner with actually having the will and/or desire to ACT on those thoughts in the real world.  PROTIP: pretty much everyone has the former, and damn near no one has the latter outside real serial killers.

I'm furious at this bullshit, and I don't take kindly to being labelled a serial killer.  My school did that when I drew stupid shit like angry stick figure wars and crap, and I didn't take it then, I'll not let someone like you do it, either.

Yes, clearly I don't have a heart because I respond to this kind of travesty with something OTHER than posting the most depraved methods of torture I could ever imagine.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »

Yes, clearly I don't have a heart because I respond to this kind of travesty with something OTHER than posting the most depraved methods of torture I could ever imagine.

Well it's been established that you're an idiot who can't seem to differentiate venting someone's spleen from actually planning out murder.

Ironbite-why stop the streak?

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
Hopefully the good people of Iowa will be angered enough to demand a reform to Iowa's law.

Unfortunately, I don't see a reform actually passing as long as Steve King (who, like Tom DeLay and Zell Miller, thinks that abortion is immoral but that cockfighting is A-OK)  is still in Congress.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:20:30 pm by mythbuster43 »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »

Well it's been established that you're an idiot who can't seem to differentiate venting someone's spleen from actually planning out murder.

Ironbite-why stop the streak?

For fucking real. Rav clearly explained that it's a way of conveying anger and that no one ACTUALLY has the desire to do such a thing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »
Previously here in the Texas state: Judge rules animal snuff videos to be a constitutional right.

Today: Texas Governor and Senators say fuck-all to Roe vs. Wade (and anyone who enjoys  premarital and/or recreative sex) by continuing their threat to criminalize abortion after 20 weeks (which are rare) and to close down all but five Planned Parenthood clinics, almost all located on I-35.
I know you're mad about what your idiotic state did, but it's not really related, Aleh. On the other hand, the first part is, and it's fucking sick.

Well, it's kinda related. Politicians can attempt to make the abortion of an unborn child a criminal offense (even in the case of a threat to the mother's life) all while people get off for literally beating puppies to death with a baseball bat.

That was exactly what I was trying to say. Abortion = bad! Animal snuff films = good!

(Excuse me, I'm going to wash my hands for typing that.)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »
What the fuck, Iowa?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »
Hopefully the good people of Iowa will be angered enough to demand a reform to Iowa's law.

Unfortunately, I don't see a reform actually passing as long as Steve King (who, like Tom DeLay and Zell Miller, thinks that abortion is immoral but that cockfighting is A-OK)  is still in Congress.

Oklahoma only recently outlawed cockfighting I think. I also think there's a guy down the road running a dog fighting ring or breeding fighting dogs.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 07:47:27 am »

Oklahoma only recently outlawed cockfighting I think. I also think there's a guy down the road running a dog fighting ring or breeding fighting dogs.
The hellhole gets worse and worse, doesn't it?
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:16 am »
I remember stick man wars. I used to draw stick man death mazes with my friends where the stick men had to navigate an entire page of incredibly lethal obstacles. The few times my teachers saw them, they usually thought it was funny/imaginative. You must have had teachers with no sense of humour, Ravynous.

Very few of them did, aye.  Though, it might've been because of the whole Jonesboro school shooting thing making people REALLY fucking sensitive to any "red flags."  Even if those supposed red flags were innocent crap lots of people did then to kill time and relieve boredom.  Though, my dad may have been right back then, and I was marked before even then because I had few, if any, friends, because loners are freaks and likely dangerous...if you're a brain-dead, mouth-breathing troglodyte.

Besides that, if they were so worried about me, like they pretended to be, why didn't they bother to ask if I was having any problems with the kids in school?  Because they never fuckin did, not once.  I was not born bad, I wasn't born with a blinding hatred of bullies.  They inflicted it on me, made my life hell, and ensured I felt as helpless and hopeless as possible.  Yet, I'm the dangerous one.  Fuck your mothers.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 02:10:07 pm »

Very few of them did, aye.  Though, it might've been because of the whole Jonesboro school shooting thing making people REALLY fucking sensitive to any "red flags."  Even if those supposed red flags were innocent crap lots of people did then to kill time and relieve boredom.  Though, my dad may have been right back then, and I was marked before even then because I had few, if any, friends, because loners are freaks and likely dangerous...if you're a brain-dead, mouth-breathing troglodyte.

Besides that, if they were so worried about me, like they pretended to be, why didn't they bother to ask if I was having any problems with the kids in school?  Because they never fuckin did, not once.  I was not born bad, I wasn't born with a blinding hatred of bullies.  They inflicted it on me, made my life hell, and ensured I felt as helpless and hopeless as possible.  Yet, I'm the dangerous one.  Fuck your mothers.

I can see how a school shooting would rattle the teachers there, but then it sounds like they were being idiots anyway. Red-flagging you for being quiet and keeping to yourself, even before the shooting? That's retarded. Like you said, if they actually were concerned, they should've talked to you, or maybe your parents.

Reminds me of this one incident my sister had in elementary school where she threatened to blow the school up in her journal. She was only like 7 or so. Her teacher flipped her shit, but at least she actually called our parents instead of doing nothing and acting like a douche for the rest of the year.