Author Topic: GamerGate  (Read 142456 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: GamerGate
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2014, 12:33:58 am »
Do you think it's possible that a lot of the grosser anti-gamergate tweets you post are just from the same few people sockpuppeting?

Yeah, again if someone says they are being harassed/stalked/abused I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If evidence arises that they are crying wolf then I'll judge it on it's merits. So it's possible, but a lot of things are possible-however possible =/= true.
I meant the same few Anti-gamergate people.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2014, 12:37:33 am »
Ah, thanks for clarification. Misunderstood.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2014, 10:26:31 am »
If you were any more transparent you'd be made of oxygen!

Might as well extend the analogy there and say that trying to reason with GamerGate is like talking to dead air.

As opposed to all of that live air we have floating around.

"Dead air" is an archaic term for nitrogen gas, to distinguish it from "live air" (oxygen), the other major component of air in general. It was called such because N2 is mostly inert, whereas O2 is both highly reactive and necessary for life. So yes, in fact. We have a lot of dead and live air floating around.

Also, I just made all of that up. Dead air is actually a concept in radio broadcasting. Inventing fake scientific terminology is more interesting that anything going on this thread.
Σא

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:43 pm »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2014, 06:31:57 pm »
I always thought "dead air" referred to pregnant pauses where nothing was said, or at the very least a bunch of "ums" and "ahs" that weren't communicating anything coherent that were a bad thing in radio because you were wasting airtime.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »
Some anti-GamerGate hypocrisy:

And that's not even the worst of it:

Insulting a woman who just lost her husband?  How low can you go?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2014, 07:56:10 pm »
Paragon, why do you keep posting this kind of shit. It's not exactly news. No one os saying that there isn't any anti-GamerGate idiocy. The only people trying to deny any wrongdoing is GamerGate.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »
Yep. I totally get "harrassment is bad" but when it comes with a side of "... but the harrassment of Quinn/Sarkeesian is bogus" because they are on the other team. Not so much!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: October 10, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
And beyond that, it just further shows GamerGate's us vs. them mentality. Posting these kinds of things is basically them going "you should be on our side because THEY are assholes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:27:42 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2014, 12:49:53 am »
Defend this.  I dare you to.

Ironbite-this is what your movement condones and does nothing to stop.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2014, 01:53:06 am »
I always thought "dead air" referred to pregnant pauses where nothing was said, or at the very least a bunch of "ums" and "ahs" that weren't communicating anything coherent that were a bad thing in radio because you were wasting airtime.

Yes, that is a common metaphor used in radio - and yes, it's very, very, very bad.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2014, 03:29:43 am »
I'm mostly counting the minutes until GamerGate declares Wu being driven out of her home a false flag, just like they did with Sarkeesian and Quinn.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2014, 03:53:11 am »
Already did man.  Already did.

Apparently there's no proof that all this harassment is being done by anyone other then these girls.  Because being driven from your own home, your own safe space, is totally what these bitches do!

Ironbite-now let's doxx them because reasons!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2014, 03:56:20 am »
I'd say I'm sorry for the double post but if UP can get away with quadruple posts, so can I.

This is the face of your movement Gaters.  These outer fringe idiots who nobody has done any effort to curtail.  You're a faceless, leaderless, headless mob of proto-slime who seems really cool with women being run out of their homes because what, a dudebro got his feelings hurt because his ex decided to sleep around on him?  And for what?  A competition?  A little glowing praise of an otherwise mediocre game?  You're not about game journalism, you're not about double standards.  What you are about is terrorism.

Ironbite-and you should be treated as such.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2014, 04:17:20 am »
I'd say I'm sorry for the double post but if UP can get away with quadruple posts, so can I.

This is the face of your movement Gaters.  These outer fringe idiots who nobody has done any effort to curtail.  You're a faceless, leaderless, headless mob of proto-slime who seems really cool with women being run out of their homes because what, a dudebro got his feelings hurt because his ex decided to sleep around on him?  And for what?  A competition?  A little glowing praise of an otherwise mediocre game?  You're not about game journalism, you're not about double standards.  What you are about is terrorism.

Ironbite-and you should be treated as such.
And if you don't want to be associated with this petulant, thuggish, mysoginist dickery ditch the fucking GamerGate label!