Author Topic: Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum  (Read 10542 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:58 pm »
The Beast has a nifty article on Dave and his endorsement of Santorum:

In recent years, Mustaine had shifted to the right a little bit, becoming a born-again Christian, and his last album had a song called “We The People” which seemed to just be a straight up endorsement of the Tea Party.

This was disconcerting, but nothing to get too worked up about. Now, however, Mustaine has truly gone often the deep end, endorsing Rick Santorum for President. Rick Fucking Santorum?! Are you shitting me, dude?! The most vile, racist, homophobic piece of shit in a race crawling with them? That’s just fucking low.

It wouldn’t have shocked me too much if he had endorsed Ron Paul. Mustaine seems like the kind of guy who screams about liberty in a way where you’re not completely sure what he’s talking about. But no, my heavy metal hero had to go all the way into the deep end, endorsing the absolute worst of the worst.

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »
This all begs the question, though. If MegaDave is now a born-again, is he going to burn his own records? Hah!

I've read that he's said there's certain songs he won't play live anymore, but never went into detail about which songs.
All things are no-thing.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »
This all begs the question, though. If MegaDave is now a born-again, is he going to burn his own records? Hah!

I've read that he's said there's certain songs he won't play live anymore, but never went into detail about which songs.

Think you could figure out which if you got enough set lists from various concerts?
-A Pen Name

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »
It's pretty standard for these types to live lives of constant and heavy drug and alcohol use to suddenly find Jesus, trading one drug for another. Then they go through this stage of saying stupid things and being exactly the opposite of who they originally were. See also Alice Cooper, one of my favorite rebels from the old school era who is now a disgusting Republican schill.

Megadeth has sucked ass for years anyway. Rust in Peace was the last album that was worth a shit. And interesting to note, if you watch any of his early videos, he's the only one you really see. We used to joke as teenagers that they should just call the band MegaDave as he was such a fucking egomaniac.

Even worse, when Dave was interviewed following his conversion, he actually gave Pascal's Wager as one of the reasons for his newfound faith. ::)

The funny thing about Pascal's Wager is, when you take other gods into account, Bacchus is actually the safer bet.  Or Shango, or Thor, or Amaterasu, or...

If I'm not mistaken, Brahma is the oldest continually worshiped god in recorded human history, so I'd have to go with him if I'm banking on Pascal's Wager.

Shinto & Hinduism are pretty strong contenders for "oldest religion still practiced."

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

Think you could figure out which if you got enough set lists from various concerts?

Maybe.  But I was never as big a fan of Megadeth as I am Metallica and Slayer.
All things are no-thing.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:44 pm »
I noticed things going downhill from "Rust in Peace."  Like Metallica's "Black Album," it was a good album to me, just not enough to top the previous ones.  I only picked up "The System Has Failed" since then, and I didn't really like that one.

There failed to be the usual addictive riffing and decent songwriting since then.  I still prefer Megadeth over Metallica and Slayer, but nowadays, I don't get upset about it.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:50 pm »
Metallica was my favorite for a long time.  The first heavy metal album I ever heard was the Black Album.  But you are right, that was when they started to change from their earlier works.  I liked Load and Reload for what they were, but they weren't Metallica.  And I refuse to listen to anything on St. Anger.  I've heard the title track, and was disgusted.  Death Magnetic actually has a few decent tracks, but it's not Metallica.  Since then, Slayer has been the top of my list, especially for Thrash.  I've never been as big into Megadeth, but I like their Cryptic Writings album. 
All things are no-thing.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 04:12:30 am »
Metallica was my favorite for a long time.  The first heavy metal album I ever heard was the Black Album.  But you are right, that was when they started to change from their earlier works.  I liked Load and Reload for what they were, but they weren't Metallica.  And I refuse to listen to anything on St. Anger.  I've heard the title track, and was disgusted.  Death Magnetic actually has a few decent tracks, but it's not Metallica.  Since then, Slayer has been the top of my list, especially for Thrash.  I've never been as big into Megadeth, but I like their Cryptic Writings album.
Black Album is good, but way overrated. I prefer Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning.

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 04:19:47 am »
Black Album is good, but way overrated. I prefer Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning.

Yeah, I have to say those two were probably my favorites as well.  Kill Em All was ok, and ...And Justice for All, was, well, I'm mixed on it.  One was awesome, and Dyer's Eve was kick ass.  But I didn't really like all of the songs on there.  The Black Album, while I thought it was great, sounded way overproduced.  And it lacked the edge that all the previous albums had.
All things are no-thing.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 08:31:02 am »
My road through thrash and speed metal started in about 87, when I was getting bored of Moltey Crue and the like. I discovered Anthrax, which lead me to Metallica, then Slayer, then Megadeth all in short order (and other bands too like Nuclear Assault, Annihilator, and Exodus). Metallica quickly became my favorite: Kill, Ride, and Master. Garage was good but Justice was the beginning of the end for me. Slayer became and still is one of my favorite thrash bands, but it wasn't long before I started getting into hardcore about the same time as thrash (D.R.I., Millions of Dead Cops, and Rednecks in Pain).

re: MegaDave -I liked Killing is My Business...and Peace Sells, especially, but found the rest of his tracks rather hit or miss.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »
It's sickening.  It's like Alice Cooper reborn, even though he's not even dead yet.  I don't understand how someone can go from being one extreme to the other, especially when the "other" is so illogical and irrational. 
All things are no-thing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »
Sanity sells, but who's buying? Not him, that's for sure.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »
Sanity sells, but who's buying? Not him, that's for sure.

You sir, have made my day.
All things are no-thing.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »

Master of Puppets is <3!

And I could never get into Slayer.  Too much feedback noise and not enough loud guitars.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!