Author Topic: Man shoots black kid cops do nothing  (Read 93062 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Man shoots black kid cops do nothing
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:42 pm »

Zimmerman is only guilty if he attacked Martin first.  Which by the sounds of the cell phone evidence is what happened.  The problem is if a eye witness says Martin was the physical aggressor that may very well trump the cell phone call.

The cell phone evidence is much more reliable than any eyewitness testimony could ever be.

I also find it funny that all these "witnesses" who say that Martin attacked first only appear after this story gained national attention. This shooting originally occurred back in February, when Zimmerman was not investigated at all. It only gained attention due to Martin's family hiring a badass lawyer team.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »
Or, the media is finally reporting more of it instead of rushing to just report some of it.  That could just as well be the case.  The cell phone doesn't reveal much, as there isn't that much said.  It confirms Zimmerman was following him, which wasn't in dispute, and it confirms Zimmerman wanted to know what he was doing there, which wasn't inconsistent with his neighborhood watch job, given the article I cited also mentions several burglaries happening in that area prior to this incident.  I don't see how the cell phone call shows much more than that?

Anyone else find it weird that the 17 y.o. girlfriend is not named, but the 13 y.o. eye witness was?  I thought underage people's names were kept private from the media?

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »
The cell phone evidence is much more reliable than any eyewitness testimony could ever be.

I also find it funny that all these "witnesses" who say that Martin attacked first only appear after this story gained national attention. This shooting originally occurred back in February, when Zimmerman was not investigated at all. It only gained attention due to Martin's family hiring a badass lawyer team.

The 13 year old witness was there from the start.  It was just one of many things people fucking ignored because they were to busy passing out torches and pitchforks.  The cell phone evidence, which unless there is a recording of the call, is no more or less reliable then other witness testimony.  Without the that cell call it look every bit that Zimmerman was within Florida law.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

The 13 year old witness was there from the start.

Really?  She was making a fuss back in February?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:25 pm »
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/26/452310/what-everyone-needs-to-know-about-the-smear-campaign-against-trayvon-martin-1995-2012/

Hey guys, y'all might want to read the link (or at least those who say Martin attacked)... Jus' sayin'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »
Oh look at this, Stormfront is posting fake pictures of Trayvon and claiming that they are real to discredit him and say his killing was "justified". http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/26/stormfront-deliberately-shows-wrong-photo-of-trayvon-martin-looking-gangsta-image/

Listen up racists, even if those pictures were real, it still doesn't justify killing him.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:05 am »
Zachski, it's "he" not "she" -- and the news links from the first page of this thread do suggest multiple witnesses.  They just don't specify who those witnesses are or what they did or didn't report to the cops.

Shane, I haven't read any right wing bloggers.  What I linked was ABC news, not a right wing blog, and that information just came out Sunday.  Meanwhile, considering how many people here and elsewhere on the net were busy focusing on Skittles and iced tea for the past few days, I doubt right wing bloggers or corrupt cop leaks had much to do with the way Martin was being portrayed up to this point, apart from the usual hate sites that are easily recognizable.  Clearly, no one else mentioned it in this post at least up to this point.  None of the links I've seen, apart from some hate in the comments section, are trying to smear Martin's reputation.  Now that it comes out that Martin may not be as pure as the driven snow, those suggestions reek of backpedaling.  In any event, as I said before, it doesn't matter.  Martin could've been the next great juvenile delinquent, and it still doesn't make his killing justified.

Additionally, I'm not sure anyone here is necessarily making the case that Martin attacked Zimmerman.  Even if that can be construed from what has been posted so far, certainly no one is making the case that Zimmerman is justified. What you might be regarding as the "opposition" is simply trying to say that there seems to be more to the story and it shouldn't be tried in the media.  That's really all there is to it, as far as I can see.  I don't want to speak for Nickerson, but I don't think he nor me is saying "Go, Zimmerman!"  But some of the things in the media aren't exactly accurate, either, and it doesn't help to either propagate false information or ideas or try someone in the court of public opinion.   

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:17 am »
Oh look at this, Stormfront is posting fake pictures of Trayvon and claiming that they are real to discredit him and say his killing was "justified". http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/26/stormfront-deliberately-shows-wrong-photo-of-trayvon-martin-looking-gangsta-image/

Listen up racists, even if those pictures were real, it still doesn't justify killing him.

But don't you know that dressing "ghetto" is crime, unless you're a white.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:43 am »

Even if they were real, it would hardly suggest that he's a gangster. A teenage boy trying to look tough without actually being dangerous is pretty much par for the course. Those kinds of images would only be indicative of one thing: The kid's a teenager indulging himself in pop culture.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2012, 12:53:47 am »

Even if they were real, it would hardly suggest that he's a gangster. A teenage boy trying to look tough without actually being dangerous is pretty much par for the course. Those kinds of images would only be indicative of one thing: The kid's a teenager indulging himself in pop culture.

This is very, very true.  My son does this and so do his friends.  It's totally about pop culture.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:57 am »
Zachski, it's "he" not "she" -- and the news links from the first page of this thread do suggest multiple witnesses.  They just don't specify who those witnesses are or what they did or didn't report to the cops.

Shane, I haven't read any right wing bloggers.  What I linked was ABC news, not a right wing blog, and that information just came out Sunday.  Meanwhile, considering how many people here and elsewhere on the net were busy focusing on Skittles and iced tea for the past few days, I doubt right wing bloggers or corrupt cop leaks had much to do with the way Martin was being portrayed up to this point, apart from the usual hate sites that are easily recognizable.  Clearly, no one else mentioned it in this post at least up to this point.  None of the links I've seen, apart from some hate in the comments section, are trying to smear Martin's reputation.  Now that it comes out that Martin may not be as pure as the driven snow, those suggestions reek of backpedaling.  In any event, as I said before, it doesn't matter.  Martin could've been the next great juvenile delinquent, and it still doesn't make his killing justified.

Additionally, I'm not sure anyone here is necessarily making the case that Martin attacked Zimmerman.  Even if that can be construed from what has been posted so far, certainly no one is making the case that Zimmerman is justified. What you might be regarding as the "opposition" is simply trying to say that there seems to be more to the story and it shouldn't be tried in the media.  That's really all there is to it, as far as I can see.  I don't want to speak for Nickerson, but I don't think he nor me is saying "Go, Zimmerman!"  But some of the things in the media aren't exactly accurate, either, and it doesn't help to either propagate false information or ideas or try someone in the court of public opinion.   

I'm really not sure your first paragraph (or even your second) should even be directed at me. Alls I did was post a link to clear up a few things. Especially considering the fact that people have been saying false things about the event and making it seem as if they are true. I've seen them. Unless I'm hallucinating things.

Unless of course you're defending yourself under the Suspiciously Specific Denial trope...

Either way, discussing Martin the way he has been discussed is a bit inconsiderate and is by all accounts a circus of sickness.

Also, the article I posted tears to shreds one of your posts about the defense of Zimmerman. Mainly this part:

It confirms Zimmerman was following him, which wasn't in dispute, and it confirms Zimmerman wanted to know what he was doing there, which wasn't inconsistent with his neighborhood watch job, given the article I cited also mentions several burglaries happening in that area prior to this incident. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:11:02 am by Shane for Wax »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:51 am »

I'm really not sure your first paragraph (or even your second) should even be directed at me. Alls I did was post a link to clear up a few things. Especially considering the fact that people have been saying false things about the event and making it seem as if they are true. I've seen them. Unless I'm hallucinating things.

Unless of course you're defending yourself under the Suspiciously Specific Denial trope...

Either way, discussing Martin the way he has been discussed is a bit inconsiderate and is by all accounts a circus of sickness.

Also, the article I posted tears to shreds one of your posts about the defense of Zimmerman. Mainly this part:

It confirms Zimmerman was following him, which wasn't in dispute, and it confirms Zimmerman wanted to know what he was doing there, which wasn't inconsistent with his neighborhood watch job, given the article I cited also mentions several burglaries happening in that area prior to this incident. 

I'm not really sure why you would think the first paragraph was directed at you, since it said Zachski?  In any event, you said "hey guys you should read" ...so I took that to mean we should read it and comment on it, not sure what is unusual about that either.  The article you posted suggests that this new information is only coming out because people are trying to smear Martin's reputation, particularly right wing bloggers or cops selectively leaking information.    I'm not sure how it clears up a few things, unless of course you just accept   at face value that the only reason we now know more information is because it's some conspiracy to smear Martin.  Lots of sites have been reporting false information, starting with the first media releases that Zimmerman was white and self-appointed watchman.

I'm not sure why it's disrespectful to discuss what is now being mentioned by a prominent news outlet like ABC.  Further, given that your article has no mention whatseover of the cell phone call, I have absolutely no idea how you think your article "shreds" my argument you quoted above, given that it was all about the cell phone call.  If you're saying your source somehow proves that Zimmerman wasn't following him and that he didn't ask Martin what he was doing there, that makes even less sense.

** edited to fix formatting.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »
Of course, this is the same media that decided he was a white man

He's half-white and his name is George Zimmerman (as opposed to a more Hispanic or Latino name). The media didn't "decide" he was white. It was inferred from his name (and depending on the tinting of his prior arrest mug shot, he has been portrayed as every skin tone between "white" and "really brown") and the fact that his father is white.

Distind

« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »
Any better descriptions on what exactly the 13 year old saw? I find it kinda hard to believe someone would see what they're saying they did, and promptly turn away in time for a gun to be shot.

Also, don't put the kid on a fucking cross people, he was still a kid and may well have done something stupid. None of it would make it worth shooting him, even if he had attacked someone twice his size out of, ironically, concern for his own life. But I doubt the kid was saint, particularly with that suspension he had going for him.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2012, 03:21:10 pm »
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-shot-florida-teen-fears-safety-supporters-053604303.html

This is what Yahoo news is saying about it, but keep in mind I suspect Yahoo is rapidly turning into Faux Jr...
Apparently Zimmerman is claiming now that he had given up the chase, and the kid approached him from behind.